InstallationRemoval of Stock Muffler:
Installing the Flowmaster Muffler
- Use a 15mm socket to loosen the nut on the clamped connection between the muffler and the over-axle pipe.
- Then use a 13mm socket to remove the bolts that secure the muffler hangers to the frame of the vehicle. There are two hangers each with two bolts. These hangers must be removed to allow removal of the stock mufflers.
- After taking the hangers down, slide the muffler off of the over axle pipe and set the muffler aside.
- Take the hanger mounts off of the stock muffler and put them onto the Flowmaster muffler.
- Place one of the supplied ring clamp onto the inlet pipe of the muffler. Slide the muffler onto the over-axle pipe and support with a stand. Place the hanger mounts back into position on the frame and reinstall the factory bolts. A 13mm open end wrench will be needed to reach the bolts above the muffler.
- Adjust the position of the muffler to provide a satisfactory fit. Install the 3/8" hanger keeper onto the very front hanger welded to the inlet pipe. Slide it over the hanger rod up to the rubber hanger. Securely tighten the inlet pipe clamp.
- For a cleaner appearance and more secure installation, we highly recommend welding all slip-fit connections. If you live in a geographical area that has harsh winters or sees a great deal of precipitation, the use of a high-temp paint over the welded areas can help to prevent surface rust.
Installation instructions provided by Flowmaster