The 2005-2006 GT Mustangs will require the 2007 GT Ford Factory Throttle Body Studs - part# W712289S437 and the Ford Factory Nuts - part# W520411S437 for proper installation.
- Before you start, this is what you should see under your hood.
- The intake cover installs relatively easily. At the rear of the engine on both sides, you’ll need to pry off the black plastic clip attached to the bolt shown in the picture. This is right beside the fuel rail.
- Now for the front. IMPORTANT: If you’re lucky, you’ll see (2) similar bolts at the top of the throttle body (see picture).
If you DON’T see these bolts sticking out and instead just see a normal bolt head, then you’ll need to go out and buy (2) new bolts with the protruding ends before you can continue. You can remove (1) of the back bolts removed in Step 2 to take with you to the auto parts store for reference.
- Now you’re ready for installation. The cover will slide over (4) bolts on your engine: (2) at the top of the throttle body and (1) at each side of the engine beside the fuel rail (Step 2). There are rubber grommets in the engine cover that will slide over these bolts.
- You don’t need to do anything further at the front, but at the rear, make sure you reattach the black plastic clips after you’ve installed the engine cover.
- Now you’re all done and this is what you should see!
Installation Instructions written by AmericanMuscle customer Michael Touw 4.20.12