- J&M: J&M employs a patented 3-piece ‘Poly ball’ bushing designed to stiffen for hard launches and power transfer but yet when corning, retain compressibility to maintain tire-to-ground contact. J&M is so sure of their product, this bushing design comes with a lifetime warranty. Solid reviews make J&M components a welcome upgrade.
- Steeda: Well renown in the Mustang community, Steeda Autosport has adjustable and non-adjustable versions to offer of their top-quality upper control arms. The adjustable can be adjusted while on the car, no removal necessary, to alter the pinion angle to optimize traction for any given condition. Included are Steeda’s 3-part bushing, designed to maximize traction but retain stock comfort levels.
- BBK: BBK control arms come as a complete package, both upper and lower. Utilizing polyurethane bushings and precision welding, BBK control arms are a bargain. As a bonus, they come finished in a durable black powder coat.
- QA1: QA1 features adjustable upper control arms. Like Steeda’s, they are fully adjustable while on the car. Simply turn the specified jam nut and you can dial in your differential-to-pinion angle to your liking. The QA1 pieces are manufactured using a tubular steel design to save weight while maintaining superior strength over stock pieces.
- Maximum Motorsports: While on the expensive end, Maximum Motorsports is popular with aftermarket Mustang modifiers. Excellent design and implementation have made them and industry leader in aftermarket suspension parts. The proper bushings on each end of the arm insure maximum performance in all conditions, without sacrificing ride quality.
All of the manufacturers above have fabricated top-quality Mustang parts that will install hassle free and in as little as a few hours depending on how handy you are with a wrench. It is important to note that these aftermarket control arms can be used with the stock-style shock and coil setup (remember, all these controls arms eliminate the need for quad shocks).
At this stage, the Mustang should be riding pretty well. Vast improvements in ride and handling should be noticeable. The final step to modernize this ancient live-rear… err to modernize as much as possible this ancient live-rear is introduce coil over kits into the equation. Coil overs, particularly in the rear, are best suited to Fox Body Mustangs destined for track use. When installed in the back end of a Fox Body, they are not known for great street manners(coil overs in the front are not as bad) as they are for their proven track ability.