|A||07852||bolt 6mm-1.00 x 20mm allen||3|
|B||07859||bolt; 6mm-1.00 x 25mm allen||1|
|C||08174||washer 6mm wave||4|
|D||08275||washer; 1/4" id x 5/8" od flat||7|
|E||07162||bracket; sm twist||1|
|H||102481||edge trim 50"L||1|
|I||07703||bolt; 6mm-1.00 x 16mm hex||1|
|K||07553||nut 6mm nylock||1|
|L||21513||filter adaptor #400||1|
|M||08697||hose clamp #104||1|
|O||07789||screw; 12/24 x 7/8" hextek #4||1|
- Turn the ignition OFF and disconnect the vehicle's negative battery cable.
- Loosen the hose clamps at the throttle body and mass air.
- Release the filter clam shell clamp as shown.
- Remove crank case vent hose from valve cover as shown.
- Release the intake tube at the throttle body then lift complete intake track up to access the mass air electrial connection.
- Disconnect the mass air electrial connection.
- Disconnect the mass air from intaketube as shown.
- Remove the mass air from the air filter housing using a 10mm wrench as shown.
- Loosen and remove the bolt that retains the air filter assembly onto the vehicle as shown.
- Pull the air filter assembly upward and remove from vehicle.
- Assemble the filter adaptor and heat shield onto the mass air sensor as shown with the provided gaskets and hardware.
- Install the provided bracket onto the mass air assembly with the 6mm x 25mm allen bolt as shown.
Note: Do not tighten completely.
- Remove the radiator mount bolt with a 13mm wrench.
- Install the provided bracket onto the radiator using the bolt that was removed in the previous step.
- Reconnect the intake tube onto the throttle body then reconnect the crank case vent.
- Install the mass air assembly onto the intake tube.
- Connect the heatshield onto the “L” bracket as shown.
Note: Do not tighten completely.
- Align the bracket to the inner fender then mark the fender with a felt pen.
- Remove the mass air assembly from the vehicle and using a 3/16 drill bit, drill out the marks.
- Install the edge trim onto heatshield trim if needed.
- Install the filter charger onto the mass air assembly and secure it with the provided hose clamp.
- Reinstall the mass air assembly onto the intake tube and secure the brackets with the provided sheet metal screw and 6mm bolt onto the “L” bracket.
- Reconnect the mass air electrial
connection as shown.
- Reconnect the vehicle’s negative battery cable. Double check to make sure everything is tight and properly positioned before starting the vehicle.
- The C.A.R.B. exemption sticker, (attached), must be visible under the hood, so that an emissions inspector can see it when the vehicle is required to be tested for emissions. California requires testing every two years, other states may vary.
- It will be necessary for all FIPK’s to be checked periodically for realignment, clearance and tightening of all connections. Failure to follow the above instructions or proper maintenance may void warranty.
- Start the engine with the transmission in neutral or park, and the parking brake engaged. Listen for air leaks or odd noises. For air leaks secure hoses and connections. For odd noises, find cause and repair before proceeding. This kit will function identically to the factory system except for being louder and much more responsive.
- Test drive the vehicle. Listen for odd noises or rattles and fix as necessary.
- If road test is fine, you can now enjoy the added power and performance from your kit.
- K&N suggests checking the Filtercharger element periodically for excessive dirt build-up. When the element becomes covered in dirt (or once a year), service it according to the instructions on the Recharger service kit, part number 99- 5050 or 99-5000.