Step 4 Sub Harness Connections:
Now make sub harness connections as follows:
1. Connect the black wire from the sub harness to the wirelessly installed on the black wire of the INNER socket.
2. Connect either WHITE wire from the sub harness to the wire tap connector you previously installed on the red/white stripe wire on the middle connector.
3. Connect either white wire from the sub harness to the wire tap connector you installed on the re/white strip wire on the outer connector.
Step 5: Test the taillights BEFORE securing the light housings to your car.
Before testing complete the installation on both sides of the car. The computer control in the Mustang will have to be reset by removing the negative battery terminal and re-connecting it if testing is not done with both side installed properly.
Do all testing with the LED modules installed on both sides of the car. Do not reinstall the housings until testing is complete however.
Test as follows:
Start the car or turn the ignition to on or accessory.
1. With the headlights off have someone step on the brake. Make sure both sides sequence once and stay on.
2. With the headlights off activate the turn signal on each. Ensure that the taillights sequence from from inside to outside. If a module has been placed in the wrong socket you will see improper sequencing order. Just move the module to the correct socket. Remember that the inside socket must hold the LED module with the sub harness connected.
3. Now repeat the above with the headlights on. You will notice that during turn signaling the light sequence from dim to bright is correct operation.
1. Some LED modules do not light. Make sure that you have the modules installed in the right polarity in each socket. The microprocessor must fact TOWARDS the socket wires. See pictures.
2. Sequencing is in the wrong order. Make sure you have installed the correct modules in the correct socket.
3. Lamps sequence rapidly but not properly. Make sure the sub harness is connected properly. Be sure he harness connector blades are inserted properly into the wire-tap connectors. A properly inserted connector hides the blade in the wire tap connector.