CAN-Bus Technology. The Power Grid 7 Ignition incorporates "CAN-Bus" technology, a common harness that accessory controls connect to, which reduces the amount of wiring and simplifies the addition of accessory modules. This technology allows racers to connect the Power Grid 7 system directly into their Racepak Data Recorder and other Racepak products.
Application. The MSD Power Grid 7 Ignition System will work on all 1979 to 1995 Mustangs that are equipped with a 12-18 volt electrical system, including 4, 6 or 8-cylinder engines. The MSD Power Grid 7 Ignition System is 100% compatible with the Power Grid System Controller and have been specially designed to mount directly to one another.
- Spark Energy: 200-220 mJ per spark
- Primary Voltage: 545-570 Volts
- Secondary Voltage: 50,000 Volts
- Spark Series Duration: 20 degree Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts
- Voltage Required: 12-18 Volts, Negative Ground
- Current Draw: 1.3 Amp per 1,000 RPM
- Weight and Size 2.9 lbs., 7.5"L x 5"W x 2.25"H
Technical Note. To use any modules with the Power Grid Ignition System, PN 7720 and 7730, users MUST plug the modules into a 4-Connector CAN-Bus Hub PN 7740 to be attached to the Power Grid System Controller.