Thanks again for purchasing your new stainless steel Pypes Performance Exhaust 2011 Ford Mustang Axle-back system. Please be sure to confirm all the components in the kit were received in your shipment before beginning installation. If you find any components missing, please contact our office at 800-421-3890 for replacement. . For a quicker and tighter installation, air tools are recommended. Technical assistance is available both online at www.pypesexhaust.com or 800-421-3890.
1- SFM76MS Pype Bomb Axle Back
1. Begin by placing the vehicle on a lift or four jack stands at maximum height. This will aid in an easier installation.
2. Unbolt the factory band clamps (13mm wrench) connecting your factory axle-back to your mid-pipes. Soaking your factory mounting points with penetrating oil will allow for easier removal. Next, remove all the bolts (13 mm wrench) connecting the forward most factory hangers to the frame rails. Now, drop both sides out from under the car.
3. In this kit is necessary to reuse the factory clamps that are attached to the axle back. Remove them by cutting the tab that connects the clamp to the factory muffler. Trim the tab as close to the clamp as possible. Make sure to remove all burs from the clamps.
4. At this point you can attach the Axle Back to the factory mid-pipe using the recycled clamps. Just get the clamps snug at this point so proper alignment can be performed. Remember this is a ball socket style connection that allows for some misalignment without compromising seal.
5. Once all the hanger bolts are tight make sure the tips are adjusted properly in the bumper cut-outs, now you can finish tightening the band clamps. We recommend the use of air tools for this step.
Note: If you find the new tips are not aligned properly in the bumper cutouts, you may need to adjust your factory mid-pipes by loosening the two band clamps located where your factory h-pipe meets the mid-pipes. A slight rotation of the mid pipes will allow for the best fit.
6. Be sure to check all the connection points periodically, as they may come loose.