SFM76M: 2011-12 5.0 Mustang 3 Super System
Thanks again for purchasing your new stainless steel Pype Performance Exhaust Mustang Super System. Please be sure to confirm all the components in the kit were received in your shipment before beginning installation. If you find any components missing, please contact our office at 800-421-3890 for replacement. For a quicker and tighter installation air tools are recommended. Technical assistance is available both on line at www.pypesexhaust.com of 800-421-3890.
2- 3 M80 Mufflers
2- TFM62A over axle pipes
2- Pype Bomb Axleback
6- HVC24 Band Clamps
- Begin by placing the vehicle on a lift or on four jack stands at maximum height. This will aid in and easier installation.
- Unbolt the factory axleback at the clamp using a 13mm socket. Spray the rubber hangers with penetrating oil to aid in the removal of the factory mufflers.
- Using a 15mm socket loosen the 2 band clamps that connect the factory mid pipe to the back of the factory H-pipe. These clamps will be reused with your new system. DO NOT loosen the ball and socket clamps before the H-pipe.
- Now you can remove the factory system by starting with the mid pipes followed by the axleback. Note there is no need to remove the factory hangers for this operation.
- Now its time to start installing your new cat-back system. Begin by installing the two 16 TFM62B-2.75 pipes loosely into the 2 recycled band clamps with the slight bend facing the back of the car.
- Next install the 3 M80 muffler followed by over the axle pipes using 4 of the HVC24 band clamps. Do not tighten clamps at this point.
- Install the Pype Bomb Axleback next by sliding the 2 front wire forms into the factory rubber hangers, then onto the over the axle tube and then into the factory hanger at the bumper. The remaining HVC24 band clamps will secure the over the axle pipes to the Pype Bomb.
- Now that all the components are loosely installed you can start make adjustments to align the system. Start by rotating the TFM62B-2.75 front pipes so that the mufflers follow the pocket in the fuel tank. The mufflers will appear to be very close to the driveshaft. That is normal for this system.
- Next rotate the over the axle pipes so that the tip is aligned with the openings in the bumper cover. Once everything is aligned you can begin tightening the clamps. Slight adjustment maybe needed as you go so save your final tightening until all your clearances and adjustments are made.
- Now that you have everything in line finish tightening all clamps. Air tool are highly recommended for this step.
- Lastly start your car and check for leaks. It is not uncommon for the first few hundred miles to make periodic adjustments to the system.
NOTE: For customers that have install a 3 X or H pipe you must order the optional TFM62B-3 front Pipes and two HVC66 3 butt clamps if you do not already have them to make the system a direct bolt on.
Now its time to fire up that muscle car and enjoy your new Pypes Performance Exhaust.