Packing List – 2010 Long Powerflo-X Crossover Pipe (M31542)
|Item #||Quantity||Part Number||Description|
|1.||1||310306787||Powerflo-X, 2010 Mustang GT|
|2.||2||3100193500||High Flow Catalytic Converter|
|3.||4||308144380||Torca Clamp, 2.5”|
|6.||4||950055504||Bolt, Hex Head, M10X1.5X40mm|
|7.||4||50502||Washer, Flat, M10|
|8.||1||310334500||Flange, Downpipe to Manifold|
|9.||3||020402295||O2 Sensor Extensions|
Warning: SLP recommends allowing the vehicle to cool (not running) for five hours before beginning the installation. SLP recommends wearing safety glasses for the complete installation.
Warning: Too avoid the chance of electrical shock or damage to your vehicle’s electrical system, disconnect both the negative and positive battery leads (in that order) at the battery.
- Raise the vehicle to allow for a sufficient work area underneath the vehicle. A vehicle lift will make this installation much easier; however, raising the vehicle can be accomplished using ramps or a jack with jack stands.
- Disconnect the wires from all the oxygen sensors.
- Un-bolt the stock H-Pipe from the stock manifolds and loosen the band clamp to stock cat back.
- Remove the stock H-Pipe.
- Remove the oxygen sensors from your stock H-Pipe. Install them in the new SLP X-Pipe before installing while access to them is easier. Be sure to reinstall the sensors in the same locations as in the original h-pipe. The front oxygen sensor on the passenger side of the stock H-Pipe will be installed in the new passenger side SLP down-pipe after the down-pipe has been installed in the vehicle.
- Next, remove the studs from the stock manifolds.
- Next, bolt both the D-Side and P-Side SLP down-pipes loosely to the stock manifolds with the bolts and washers provided.
- Next, slide a torca clamp and CAT over each outlet of the SLP down-pipes.
- Next slide a torca clamp to each outlet of the CATS then the SLP X-Pipe.
- Connect the rear of the SLP X-Pipe to the stock Cat-Back pipes.
- Begin to tighten the system from the front of the vehicle to the rear while checking clearances and alignment.
- Install the two 02 extensions to the oxygen sensors and then to the vehicle.
- If necessary zip tie them tight to the vehicle.
- The installation is now complete.
- Start the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
- Double-check all fasteners and clearances after test-driving. Adjust as necessary. Figure 1 shows the finished installation.
Figure 1: Completed installation