Ultimate Performance. If your forced induction or built 2005-2010 Mustang GT delivers massive horsepower and torque but needs a clutch that will let your Pony run with the herd on the street, a SPEC Stage 3+ is the clutch for you. Blending performance with drivability, the Stage 3+ combines the type of compound used in the Stage 3 Clutch to deliver a clutch capable of handling up to 850 ft-lb of torque, but a full-faced disc design means there is less of the "on-off" feel associated with true race-only clutches.
Street and Strip. The SPEC Stage 3+ Clutches are designed to be the perfect clutch for a high powered street or race car. Unlike other pure "race type" clutches, the pedal feel of the 3+ is still worthy of the strip, but not so unforgiving as a "puck style". Combining elements of a race clutch with a street clutch means a Stage 3+ will hold up to many passes on the strip while still letting you drive your Pony to and from the track.
Premium Quality. The sprung hub, full face design of the SPEC Stage 3+ features a carbon semi-metallic friction material for unsurpassed bite and long clutch life. The Stage 3+ Clutch includes the high clamp pressure plate, the full face friction disc, and an alignment tool.
Value, Performance, Durability. When looking for a new clutch, trust Spec for the best in value and performance.
- Fits 2005-2010 GT Mustangs
- Torque Rating: 850 ft./lbs.
- Does not work on GT500
This Spec Clutch requires the use of a Spec flywheel for proper engagement. AmericanMuscle highly recommends the Steel Flywheel for this Stage 3+ Clutch to avoid warping and optimum results. See the drop down menu option above.
- The 2005-2010 Mustang uses a concentric slave cylinder instead of a conventional throwout bearing.
- Therefore this clutch kit will not include a throwout bearing.
- It is recommended to install a new SPEC flywheel with this replacement clutch for the 2005-2010 Mustang GT. Look at our flywheel page page for these 2005-2010 steel and aluminum flywheels.