1. Disconnect the plastic air hose the bottom-front of the hood scoop. Pull off the water drain hoses from the front of the hood scoop. Unscrew and remove the two hood scoop retain bolts from the sides of the hood scoop (one from each side).
2. Remove the hood scoop by pulling up. It will pop off of the steel support bracket.
3. Remove the two top-front bolts that attach the steel scoop support to the aluminum bracket.Do not remove the top-back bolts or you will have to realign the whole hood-scoop assembly.
4. Remove the two bolts on the drivers-side of the scoop support bracket.
5. Lay the brace across the car with the end brackets on the strut towers. Place the hood scoop support bracket in its original position with the bolt-holes lined up and check the clearance of the strut tower brace. Position the brace so that it does not touch the support bracket and so that the end brackets are flat against the strut tower and firewall. Keep the brace close to the air intake tube, going to the throttle, to prevent it from interfering with the hood.
6. Remove the plastic box on the right fender so you have more room to work. This is done by removing the one nut on top and twisting the box so that the retaining bracket comes free- from the fender. With the brace in position, mark the location of the bolt-hole slots on the strut towers with a magic marker. Remove wipers and cowl. On the firewall mark with chalk or a white grease pencil the outline of the brace to cut out. Do not drill through plastic. Remove piece and cut.
7. Lift the front of the scoop support bracket and slide the strut tower brace underneath Check for fitment.
8. Remove the brace. Center punch the strut towers and firewall where you marked them with the marker.
9. Next you have two choices: A) Drill 3/8" holes and through-bolt the brace to the strut tower by installing the provided nuts on the underside of the tower, or B) Drill smaller holes and thread the strut tower with an 8mm-l.25 tap so you can install the bolts from the top without jacking up the car to get to the underside of the tower to install the nuts.
10. Reinstall the brace and install the bolts. Tighten the bolts and shut the hood to double check clearance.
11. Reassemble the hood scoop in the reverse order of disassembly. Remember to reconnect the water drain and air intake hoses, and to tighten the nut by the throttle.
Installation instructions provided by Steeda