Prepping for Painting:
1. WASH the paintable surfaces with a heavy duty detergent degreaser i.e....Castro! purple stuff, Palmolive liquid dish soap, red hot, and USP90 scuff gel, using a gray scuff pad until the part is dull and then rinse thoroughly.
2. SAND across item with 400 grit or finer paper and check for imperfections. Repair as needed.
3. RE-WASH with heavy detergent degreaser and LJSP90 scuff gel or Palmolive liquid dish soap using gray scuff pad to remove any residue. Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry with a lint free towel.
4. WIPE item down using SC159 plastic and anti-static cleaner with lint free towel.
5. SPRAY item with UPO7227 plastic adhesion promoter.
6. SPRAY item with P30 sealer base coat then clear coat.
7. DO NOT oven bake our parts above 100 degrees F. They should be well supported during any heat cycle to avoid the flexible part from warping.
Installing Adhesive Tape & Vinyl Insert
1. REMOVE l/z" masking tape from the backside of the part.
2. Looking at Figure #1 you can see that area where the tape is to be installed has 2 rows of Vi" x.60 tape installed next to each other on each end and a single row of tape in the top and bottom tape ledge area.
3. REMOVE any paint over spray on the tape area of the part with acetone and if needed use 3M #7447 Scotchbrite burgundy pad. After paint over spray is removed wipe tape ledge with a clean rag and acetone.
4. CLEAN the tape ledge on the inside of the part with MEK or Acetone.
5. ROUGH up the tape ledge using 3M burgundy Scothchbrite pad that has been dipped in MEK or Acetone and then wipe clean with the MEK or Acetone.
6. APPLY the provided 3M adhesion promoter, #4298, onto the part and PRESS the tape on with the handle part of scissors.
7. ALLOW the part to set with the tape applied for about 30 Mins - this will help the curing process, before installing the product on vehicle.
8. MAKE SURE that the front part of the scoop is clean where the vinyl inserts will adhere to.
9. INSTALL the black vinyl inserts on the parts.
Installation of Side Scoops:
1. The part needs to be warm which will increase its flexibility and the ease of installation
2. CLEAN the area which the tape will contact the vehicle with acetone or MEK.
3. REMOVE the red tape backing from the INSIDE rows of tape.
4. PULL all the ends of the outside rows of the tape red back liner outside the edge of the part so you can pull them when the part is in place.
5. SET the part in place and slowly pull the red liner from the outer rows of tape and press the part snuggly into position
Installation instructions provided by Xenon