CORBEAU RESTRAINT SYSTEMS
Corbeau USA LLC provides the following harness belt installation information as a general guide to ensure the proper installation of your new driver restraint assembly. The parts and components supplied by Corbeau USA LLC have been tested to meet all required automotive standards and regulations, although Corbeau belts are not intended for street use. These instructions are not all-inclusive and may not cover every aspect of installation as some applications may require custom brackets or interior modifications. We assume no responsibility for proper or improper installation. Please contact Corbeau USA LLC or your local authorized dealer if you have installation questions.
- Corbeau Harness Belts are designed to be installed in the stock mounting points. Always use factory mounting points when available and make sure bolts are fully engaged for maximum strength.
- When not using factory-mounting points, belts should be anchored to adequate structures such as the body or floor pan.
- Belt assemblies should not be attached to seats or seat frames unless otherwise specified by vehicle manufacturer.
- Lap belts should be mounted at a 45-degree angle to the floor.
- When bolting the belts to their particular mounting locations, be sure to position the bracket in the stress direction of the belt.
- It is strongly recommended that the shoulder harnesses be fitted as close to horizontal as possible. It is a must that the angle of the shoulder harness does not exceed 45 degrees in relation to the theoretical horizontal axis of the mounting points. Never anchor straight down behind the back. (See diagram for recommended anchorage points)