More Efficient. Inside the Digital 6A you’ll find a high speed RISC micro-controller that constantly monitors and controls every firing. The circuitry has been updated with highly efficient components that help the ignition produce more power while drawing less current. The new Digital 6A delivers well over 530 volts to the coil with up to 135mJ of spark energy for every firing. Increased output combined with MSD’s proven multiple spark series is a winning combination.
Multiple Sparks. The MSD 6A produces full power multiple sparks for each firing of a plug. The number of multiple sparks decrease as your rpm's increase, however the spark series always lasts for 20° of crankshaft rotation. For rpm's above 3,000 there is simply not enough "time" to fire the spark plug multiple times, so there is only one powerful spark.
Application. The MSD 6A Digital Ignition Module will work on all Mustangs that are equipped with a 12-15 volt electrical system, including 4, 6 or 8-cylinder engines.
- Spark Energy: 135-145 mJ per spark
- Primary Voltage: 520-540 Volts
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000 Volts
- Spark Series Duration: 20 degree Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts
- Voltage Required: 12-15 Volts, 7 volt start
- Current Draw: 0.7 Amp per 1,000 RPM
- Weight/Size: 1.7 lbs. 8"L x 4"W x 1.825"H