1. Begin by placing the vehicle on a lift or four jack stands at maximum height. This will aid in an easier installation.
2. Unbolt the factory band clamps (15mm wrench) connecting your factory axle-back to your mid-pipes. Soaking your factory mounting points with penetrating oil will allow for easier removal.
3. Next, remove the 4 OEM hanger bolts (13 mm wrench) located on the frame rail. Now, drop the muffler out from under the car and repeat for the other side.
4. It’s time to install your new axle-back system. Begin by installing the two band clamps on to the muffler necks.
5. Place the factory hangers in the welded wire forms on the axle-backs in the same manner that they were removed.
6. Slide the muffler necks on to the mid-pipes, and then bolt the hangers on to the frame rails.
7. Once all the hanger bolts are tight make sure the tip is adjusted properly in the bumper cut-out and now tighten the band clamps. The use of several washers can help center the tips.
8. Be sure to check all the connection points periodically, as they may come loose.
9. If you find the new tips are not aligned properly in the bumper cutouts, you may need to adjust your factory mid-pipes by loosening the two band clamps located where your factory h-pipe meets the mid-pipes. A slight rotation of the mid pipes will allow for the best fit. Also, the use of several washers in between the hangers and frame rail can improve the tip position.
Installation instructions provided by Pypes Performance Exhaust.