Win This Supercharged 2015 Mustang Enter Here
1-888-332-7930 M-F 9-9,Sat 9-5:30,Sun 12-4 ET

Free Shipping on Everything. Seriously. Details

RAM Billet Steel Flywheel - 6 Bolt (96-98 GT; Late 01-10 GT)

10 Reviews
Our Price

$309.99

• Item #34008
  • MPN# 1540

• Market Price $344.99
  • You Save 10% ($35.00)
In Stock Ships same business day.
Free Shipping on Everything
Customer Photos
Features
  • SFI Certified
  • 6 Bolt
  • Surface Ground for parallel mating surface
  • Balanced to within 0.5 oz/in of factory specs
  • Billet Steel
  • Fits 96-98 GT, Mid 01-04 GT, and 2005-2010 GT
Description
Peace of Mind. When replacing your clutch you have two options, resurfacing your old stock flywheel, or getting a brand new flywheel. A new flywheel is a much better choice than resurfacing, as the flywheel will dictate how well your clutch will perform, as well as how long it will last.

Quality Construction. This RAM Billet Steel Flywheel is surface ground for a flat, parallel mating surface and balanced to the factory specification within a ½ ounce inch. It is also SFI certified for use in high performance applications at higher RPMs where stock cast flywheels can explode.

Fitment. The RAM Billet Steel Flywheel fits the 1996-1998 GT, mid 2001-2004 GT, and 2005-2010 GT 4.6 Mustangs and is the perfect companion to your new RAM Clutch.

Technical Note.This RAM Billet Steel Flywheel is designed for the GT Mustang's with a six bolt main. 2001 Mustangs with production date after 01/01 have a six bolt main. Please check with your Ford dealer to determine if you have a 6 bolt or an 8 bolt main.

Mustang Fitment: 1996 1997 1998 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Details

What's in the Box
  • (1) Flywheel
Installation Info
Tech Specs
Flywheel Specifications
Year/Model: 96-98 & Mid 01-04 GT
2005-2010 GT
Manufacture: RAM Clutches
Material: Billet Steel Bolt Pattern: 6 Bolt
Hardware Included: None SFI Certifited: Yes
Will it fit my Mustang?
  • Bullitt - 01, 08, 09
  • GT - 96, 97, 98, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10

Fits Manual GT and Bullitt Mustangs with a 6 bolt main only

Most Helpful Reviews Read All Reviews

Overall Rating 4.8/5 Write a Review
5/5
FO SHO

This flywheel is really what its about. IF your not sure about whether or not an aluminum flywheel is what you want, cause of the high RPM's and differant driveability, I'd go with the steel. Its better

Read More
Helpful (8) (1)

5/5
RAM Billet Steel Flywheel / RAM HDX Clutch... Perfect Match

My stock clutch and flywheel needed to be replaced so I purchased this RAM Billet Steel Flywheel with the RAM HDX Clutch both from AM and I couldn't be happier. Smooth, quicker RPM's, chatter free, daily

Read More
Helpful (1) (0)

Customer Photos (2) View All Customer Photos

You Might Also Like

Q & A Ask a Question

what dowel kit does this one need? What dowel kit does this one need? I know that one kit has the bolts at 8mm and the other at 10mm.

v8cookiemonster Year: 2001 Model: GT

Be the First to Answer This Question
Good Question (0) (0)

size? Hey everyone. I was wondering what size this is. Is it the 10.5"? or 11"?

v8cookiemonster Year: 2001 Model: GT

Be the First to Answer This Question
Good Question (0) (0)

Reviews (10) Write a Review

• 5 Stars .80 80%
  • 4 Stars .20 20%
  • 3 Stars 0 0%
  • 2 Stars 0 0%
  • 1 Stars 0 0%

out of 5 stars

10 Customers Recommend this Product

Installation Time:Weekend

Installation Cost:$250-$500

• Performance Gain: 4.666667 4.7/5
  • Fit: 5 5/5
  • Bang For Your Buck: 4.555555 4.6/5
Filter By Sort By
  • 5/5 Yes, I recommend this product

May 18, 2010

FO SHO

This flywheel is really what its about. IF your not sure about whether or not an aluminum flywheel is what you want, cause of the high RPM's and differant driveability, I'd go with the steel. Its better than the stock cast iron flywheel, but still retains some of the same driveability. WAYYYY better than the iron flywheel and quicker RPM's, but meant more for street rather than strip. oh yeah and the fastest shipping you will find anywhere!!

97Roush

Helpful (8) (1)

• 4/5 Yes, I recommend this product

May 11, 2014

Steel Flywheel - Heavier but peace of mind.

So I replaced my flywheel and put a Stage 2 Exedy Clutch in over a weekend. Rented a bay in a buddy's garage for a weekend. Most of the work is the removal of the exhaust and dropping the tranny. The removal of the flywheel and clutch was a snap. Then the reassembly, LOL! Rounded 2 nuts and had to burn them off and rethread them. Anyway. Performance is excellent thus far. 10+ 1/4 miles drags and no issues. Just be sure you are prepared during installation for contingencies or "uh oh's". Good luck!

ABNPA

Year: 2009 Model: GT Driving Style: Street / Strip 'Stangs I have owned: 1 Fort Bragg, NC, USA

Helpful (1) (0)

April 24, 2013

RAM Billet Steel Flywheel / RAM HDX Clutch... Perfect Match

My stock clutch and flywheel needed to be replaced so I purchased this RAM Billet Steel Flywheel with the RAM HDX Clutch both from AM and I couldn't be happier. Smooth, quicker RPM's, chatter free, daily driver friendly. I can not find one thing bad to say about this flywheel. Installation was also very easy. If your in the market for a flywheel and clutch this RAM setup is the way to go you will not be disappointed. Thanks AM!

rawB

Year: 1996 Model: GT Driving Style: Daily Driver

Helpful (1) (0)

September 27, 2012

awesome part

great addition to the ram hdx clutch, made install so much easier. installed in little to no time. would highly recommend getting when replacing the clutch.

AlexAM

Year: 2001 Model: GT Driving Style: Daily Driver 'Stangs I have owned: 1 Aston, PA

Helpful (1) (0)

December 23, 2012

amazing product

I purchased this flywheel with a ram hdx clutch, ford racing throw out bearing ford roller pilot bearing, a new dowel set for the flywheel, and ford racing clutch fork all from AM. I could'nt possibly be more impressed with the end result. I have absolutely no 'chatter' as the ram hdx clutch along with the ram billet steel flywheel claimed. Take off and reversing have never been so smooth, the gears slip in nicely, you can feel the clutch grabbing and being able to hold all of the engines power at the clutch pedal, all thanks to this great flywheel in conjunction with its corresponding clutch set. My mustang is a slightly modified daily driver and for me there could be no better purchase for a clutch system. This was the second time I had to swap out the clutch and I decided to get a new flywheel since the old one had been resurfaced twice before. At first I wanted an aluminum flywheel but after reading about this product I went for it and never looked back. Low end tourque is the same for my car, but high end, haha let's just hope my car's cooling system and transmission synchronizers can keep up with the madness! Great price, great performance gain, greatly improved overall driving experience wether in heavy traffic or open highway, no fitment problems, and a nice peace of mind knowing this clutch and flywheel set will last a very long time. Well worth the money. Thank's for the great product and prices AM.

surdo310

Year: 1996 Model: GT Driving Style: Daily Driver 'Stangs I have owned: 1 Los Angeles, CA, USA

Helpful (1) (1)

March 19, 2014

Great product!

Arrived very well packaged, great quality flywheel, I would recommend this product to anyone doing a manual swap or performance build on a 4.6 Romeo engine.

TorkTechGT

Year: 2000 Model: GT Driving Style: Street / Strip 'Stangs I have owned: 4

Helpful (0) (1)

September 23, 2013

Perfect fit the only issue was the set (dowel) pins were a pia to get in

Works great and as always fast and free shipping thanks am

jays02stang

Year: 2002 Model: GT Driving Style: Daily Driver 'Stangs I have owned: 1 cin,oh

Helpful (0) (1)

December 22, 2012

Excellent

This flywheel was use with the Ram clutch and pressure plate,The set up was excellent I can't believe how much better the car feels now !!!!

Axhandler2002

Year: 1996 Model: Cobra Driving Style: Show 'Stangs I have owned: 3 Mayberry NC

Helpful (0) (1)

July 29, 2012

1998 GT Ram Steel Flywheel

This flywheel combined with the Ram HDX clutch is amazing and grabs great. Combined with a clutch adjuster kit it feel great with just a little stiffer feeling than stock. Great Product

MattyIce14

Year: 1998 Model: GT Driving Style: Daily Driver 'Stangs I have owned: 2

Helpful (0) (1)

• 4/5 Yes, I recommend this product

April 28, 2012

Got this to go with RAM Clutch

The RAM Clutch and RAM Billet Flywheel went together with excellent grab. Much different but better than original clutch on 03 mustang gt

Fastmustang2003

Year: 2003 Model: GT Driving Style: Daily Driver 'Stangs I have owned: 2 Mansfield, MA

Helpful (0) (0)

More Products You Might Like

Related Categories