Loctite® 242 Medium Strength Thread Locker (or equivalent)
LIMIT OF LIABILITY STATEMENT
The information contained in this publication was accurate and in effect at the time the publication was approved for printing and is subject to change without notice or liability. Roush Performance Products (RPP) reserves the right to revise the information presented herein or to discontinue the production of parts described at any time.
STOP! READ IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AND WARNINGS BEFORE PROCEEDING.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE
Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death. Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the actual installation.
1. Always wear safety glasses for eye protection.
2. Place ignition switch in the OFF position.
3. Always apply the parking brake when working on a vehicle.
4. Block the front and rear tire surface to prevent unexpected vehicle movement.
5. Operate the engine only in well-ventilated areas to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide.
6. Do not smoke or use flammable items near or around the fuel system.
7. Use chemicals and cleaners in well-ventilated areas.
8. Batteries produce explosive gases, which can cause personal injury. Therefore, do not allow flames, sparks or flammable substances to come near the battery.
9. Keeps hands and any other objects away from the radiator fan blades.
10. Keep yourself and your clothing away from moving parts when the engine is running.
11. Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that can get caught in rotating parts or scratch surface finishes.
WORK SAFELY! Perform this installation on a good clean level surface for maximum safety and with the engine turned “off”. Installation of this shifter requires working underneath vehicle.
USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN WORKING UNDERNEATH VEHICLE. Never get near or underneath vehicle until you are confident that it is safely supported and will not move or fall from its raised position.
DO NOT USE A BUMPER JACK!
NOTE! There is a limited amount of working space underneath the car around the transmission and floor pan area while replacing and installing the shifter assembly, however, shifter removal and replacement can be performed without removal of drive shaft. If drive shaft is removed to facilitate the installation, consult the manufacturer’s service manual for correct procedure.
Disassembly (ROUSH Billet Shifter Handle Removal)
1. Use a 17mm wrench to loosen the jam nut below the shifter knob. Turn the jam nut clockwise to unlock it from the knob.
2. Remove the shifter knob from the handle by turning the knob counter-clockwise. Then remove the jam nut from the handle by turning it counter-clockwise.
3. Remove the shifter boot, by lifting up on the boot surround (the shifter boot just snaps in place on the console).