Packaging List for ROUSH Shifter Boot Kit
|Description||ROUSH Part Number||Qty|
|2010+ Shifter Boot Kit||1310R7B118||1|
|2010+ Shifter Boot||13107B118||1|
|Installation Instructions - Shifter Boot ||1310R7B118IM||1|
LIMIT OF LIABILITY STATEMENT
The information contained in this publication was accurate and in effect at the time the publication was approved for printing and is subject to change without notice or liability. ROUSH Performance Products (RPP) reserves the right to revise the information presented herein or to discontinue the production of parts described at any time.
STOP! READ IMPORTANT SAFETY CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS BEFORE PROCEEDING.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE
Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death. Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the actual installation.
- Always wear safety glasses for eye protection.
- Place ignition switch in the OFF position.
- Always apply the parking brake when working on a vehicle.
- Chock the front and rear tires to prevent unexpected vehicle movement.
- If working without a lift, always consult vehicle manual for correct lifting specifications.
- Operate the engine only in well-ventilated areas to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide.
- Do not smoke or use flammable items near or around the fuel system.
- Use chemicals and cleaners in well-ventilated areas.
- Batteries produce explosive gases, which can cause personal injury. Therefore, do not allow flames, sparks or flammable substances to come near the battery.
- Keeps hands and any other objects away from the radiator fan blades.
- Keep yourself and your clothing away from moving parts when the engine is running.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that can get caught in rotating parts or scratch surface finishes.
- Allow the engine, cooling system, brakes and exhaust to cool before working on a vehicle.
Perform this installation on a good clean level surface for maximum safety and with the engine turned off.
Removing the Ford Shifter Boot
- Apply the emergency brakes or block two wheels to avoid vehicle movement while the vehicle is on the ground.
- Place the shifter in the neutral position.
- Remove the shifter knob. Grasp the knob by hand and turn counterclockwise to unthread the knob from the shifter stick.
- Open the cup holder door and the rear console door. Grasp the center console top from behind the open cup holder door and the thin section next to the e-brake lever and pull straight up to disengage the five (5) spring clip retainers. Refer to Figure 1. Lift the rear of the center console top and pull rearward to remove the two (2) front pins from the dash panel.
- Press the release tab and disconnect the black electrical connector to the multi-function switch. Refer to Figure 2.
- Press the release tab and disconnect the green electrical connector on the bottom of the center console top. Refer to Figure 3.
- Press the release tab and disconnect the gray electrical connector on the bottom of the console top. Refer to Figure 4.
- Using a small screw driver, disengage the locking tab and push the connector rearward to remove the connector from its retainer. Refer to Figure 5.
- Remove the center console top from the vehicle.
- Lay the center console top upside down on a cloth covered surface. Disengage the nine (9) retainers holding the Ford shift boot to the center console top. Refer to Figure 6.
Installing the ROUSH Shifter Boot
- Install the ROUSH Shifter Boot to the center console top. Ensure all nine (9) retainers snap fully into place. Refer back to figure 6.
- Install your preferred shifter and upper shifter stick. Refer to your shifter kit instructions.
- Carefully install the center console top by passing the shifter stick through the opening on the top of the Shifter Boot.
- Reconnect the gray electrical connectors. Ensure they are fully inserted and snap into place. Slide the connector back onto its retainer and snap into place. Refer back to Figures 4 & 5.
- Reconnect the green electrical connector. Refer Back to Figure 3. Ensure it is fully inserted and snaps into place.
- Reconnect the black electrical connector to the multi-function switch. Refer back to Figure 2. Ensure it is fully inserted and snaps into place.
- Align the two (2) pins on the front of the center console top to the openings in the dash panel. Refer to Figure 7.
- Align the five (5) retainers on the center console top to the openings in the lower center console. Press the center console top to the lower center console ensuring the five (5) retainer clips are fully engaged. Close the rear console door and the cup holder door.
- Install your shifter knob. Refer to your shifter kit instructions.
Congratulations!!! You have completed the installation of the ROUSH Performance Products, Shifter Boot. It is recommended that you save all parts removed from your vehicle during the installation of this kit.