Packaging List for Complete Side Rocker Molding Kit # R03020109 / 112
|Side Rocker Molding Front - LH (#R03020113)||1|
|Side Rocker Molding Rear - LH (#R03020114)||1|
|Side Rocker Molding Front - RH (#R03020110)||1|
|Side Rocker Molding Rear - RH (#R03020111)||1|
|Hardware Kit (#R03020118)||2|
|Scrivet, 6.3 x 23mm||2|
|Clip, 9.0 x 0.8mm ‘W’||6|
|Pin, 6-6.4 x 9-35mm Push||6|
|Pin, 9.7 x 1-1.25mm Push||1|
|Pin, 6.35 x 27mm Push||1|
|Screw, Self Tapping #8 x 1||2|
|Tape, 8 x 214mm ‘L’||1|
|Tape, 8 x 267mm ‘L’||1|
|Installation Instructions (#R03020120)||1|
- Dupont® 2319 Plastic Prep
- Dupont® 2330S or equivalent Adhesion Promoter (for paint)
- 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter (for double-sided tape)
LIMIT OF LIABILITY STATEMENT
The information contained in this publication was accurate and in effect at the time the publication was approved for printing and is subject to change without notice or liability. Roush Performance Products (RPP) reserves the right to revise the information presented herein or to discontinue the production of parts described at any time.
STOP! CAREFULLY READ THE IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AND WARNINGS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THE INSTALLATION!
Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death. Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the installation.
- Always wear safety glasses for eye protection.
- Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
- Always apply the parking brake when working on the vehicle.
- Block the front and rear tire surfaces to prevent unexpected vehicle movement.
- Operate the engine only in well-ventilated areas to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide.
- Keep yourself and your clothing away from moving parts when the engine is running.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that can be caught in rotating or moving parts.
- Allow the engine, cooling system, brakes and exhaust to cool before working on a vehicle.
- Do not smoke or use flammable items near or around the fuel system.
- Use chemicals and cleaners only in well-ventilated areas.
- Batteries can produce explosive hydrogen gas which can cause personal injury. Do not allow flames, sparks or flammable sources to come near the battery.
- Keep hands and any other objects away from the radiator fan blades.
- Paint Preparation
- Wipe each part with plastic prep (Dupont® 2319 or equivalent)
- Wipe entire part with tack cloth
- Apply adhesion promoter (Dupont® 2330S or equivalent) prior to color and clear coat applications. This part is made of TPO (Thermoplastic polyolefin) and requires a promoter for paint adhesion.
- Wear eye protection
- Clean area where the RPP rocker will be installed thoroughly before installation.
- Stock Rocker Molding Removal
- Remove rear wheels from vehicle.
- Remove fasteners at front wheel well opening flange, two per side. (Figure A)
- Remove five big push pins and one small per side from bottom of rocker moldings. (Figure B)
- Remove rocker molding from body. (Figure C)
- Clean both right and left hand side rocker areas on vehicle with rubbing alcohol.
- Rocker Molding Preparation
- Apply 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter, or equivalent, to areas to receive double-sided tape.
- Install the supplied tape strips to front and rear rocker moldings.
- Peel 2 or 3 inches of the red tape backing tape backing and fold over to make a pull-tab.
- Install ‘W’ clips to front and rear rockers. (Figure D)
- Rocker Molding Installation
- Apply 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter to the areas on the car where the double-sided tape will mate to.
- Install rear rocker molding to vehicle by positioning to vehicle and engaging ‘W’ clips.
- Install rear front molding to vehicle by positioning to vehicle and engaging ‘W’ clips to body.
- Install pushpins into bottom of front and rear rocker moldings.
- The forward most hole in the front rocker must be folded into place. (Figure E)
- Use the small push pin (Pin, 6.35 x 27mm Push) in the forward most hole in the front rocker
- With all clips and pushpins installed, verify rocker fit to vehicle and continuous gap at front / rear joint.
- Install front rocker molding tape area by peeling off protective backing and positioning on to body, aligning to body features.
- With front rocker molding installed evaluate fit of rear rocker molding for proper alignment and gap at joint.
- Install rear rocker molding tape area by peeling off protective tape and positioning on to body, aligning to body features.
- Install the (2) self-tapping rear mounting screws (#8 x1) into rear rocker and through body flange. (Figure F)
- Install front rocker flange fasteners (Scrivet, 6.3 x 23mm). (Figure G)
- Re-install rear wheels on vehicle.