1. Fit the newly assembled Economy shifter into the opening in the chassis and attach the transmission arm to the transmission using the factory bolt.
2. Attach the rear of the shifter to the factory studs on the chassis using the nuts.
3. Insert the factory shift rod bushings into the new shift lever and re-attach the shift rod using the factory nut. The wider side should be placed towards the driver’s side of the vehicle.
4. SET THE SHIFTER STOPS as follows.Make sure all adjustments are done at this time. From inside the car you must adjust the shifter stops:
5. Back off the stop bolts so that the shifter moves freely into all gears.
6. Place the shifter in 3rd gear and thread the stop bolt towards the shift lever until it contacts the shift lever.
7. Once the stop bolt contacts the shift lever, back off the bolt 1/4 to 1/2 turn, until there is a small air gap (about.015") between the shift lever and the stop.
8. Hold the bolt with a 1/2" wrench while tightening the jam nut against the shifter top with another wrench.
9. Double check the space between the shift lever and the stop bolt.When you push hard on the shift lever it should contact the stop bolt, but when you let go of the lever it should snap away and not touch the bolt. There must be a small air gap between them.
10. Place the shifter in second gear and adjust the other stop bolt using the same procedure explained in Step 9.
11. Shift the shifter through all gears and double check the stop clearance in each gear.The shifter must beable to shift freely into all gears and rest in gear without interference from the stop bolts. Makeany adjustments necessary to provide the correct gap as noted in Step 7.
12. After all stops are set you will need to remove the shifter and install the rubber factory boot that was removed, by stretching it over the shifter base.
13. Reinstall the Economy Short-Throw Shifter following Steps 1, 2 & 3. At this time check all bolts to insure they are tightened securely.
14. When re-install the shift boot make sure you slide the provided Nylon washer down the shift lever and then stretch the boot around it to seal it at the top,Pic13.Important:Alwaysuse an anti-seize compound on the threadswhen installing an aluminum shift knob onto the Steeda shift handle.