4. Once all 6 clips are removed the radiator cover will slip out easily to allow access to the rear portion of the grille.
5. After removing the radiator cover, the chrome pony emblem needs to be removed from the stock grille. To do this the four small metal clips that hold it in will need to be forced off the back of the pony emblem. Then the pony will slip out of the grille. Be extremely careful or the plastic prongs on the emblem can/will break. If you are not going to re-use the emblem it is not a big deal. But if you have other plans for it take some extra time on the removal.
6. The next step (optional) is to use a towel or blanket and some painters tape to protect your front bumper from scratches when installing the new grille over top the old one. Take the towel or blanket and put it over the front bumper and tape it in place to the bottom part of the grille covering the entire painted surface.
7. Next you need to get your new Mustang Grill ready for installation. Remove the machine screws, washers, attachment hooks and locknuts out of the parts package.
8. If you purchased a Tri-bar Pony or Cobra emblem (sold separately) to put on the grille now is a good time to install it because you will not have access to the back of the billet grille after installation is complete.
9. Place a machine screw into the hole in the front of the grille pushing it all the way through the mounting hole. When you have it through the hole place one of the attachment hooks on the end and then a washer and lastly the locking nut. Repeat this step for all 4 mounting holes.Note:this step is to be done before trying to mount the new grille over lay to the stock honeycomb grille.