- Step one is to open the hood on your 2003 or 2004 Cobra, and disconnect the ground wire, or the negative battery cable. This is simply a precautionary step so that you do not accidentally touch a hot wire to ground and create a spark.
- Step two is to raise the vehicle up and secure it properly on either a set of jack stands or on a hydraulic lift (if you have one); car ramps are also a very easy way to get under the vehicle.
- It is best to replace one fog light at a time so that you have the other to reference in case you accidentally install the light the wrong way or other mistakes occur during the install. Remove the clip from the back of one of the lights.
- Remove the clip from the back of the fog light. Next you need to remove the four 7 mm bolts from the old fog light bracket. Make sure, however, that you do not remove the two 7 mm bolts that are holding in the black trim piece in front of the foglight bracket.
- Once the old one is removed, simply line the new bracket back up, start all of the bolts back in there threads and tighten them back up.
- After this is done, plug the wires back into the bulb on the back of the bracket.
- Now simply repeat steps three through five with the other side.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable and test that your new fog lights are functioning properly.
- Now you can lower the car back down.
- It may be necessary to align the new fog lights, if so the adjustments can be found at the bottom of the bracket. Simply loosen the fog light adjust to the correct height and tighten. Then you are ready to go!
Installation instructions provided by AmericanMuscle customer Alex Thompson 11.30.09