16. Install the new Simco Graphic Appliqué with the Rings and Pre-Installed Calibration Templates:
17. First review the cluster lighting components and carefully remove any dirt or debris that might affect the quality of the cluster lighting. Adhesive residue left from the original appliqué should not have an effect on the lighting unless it has become contaminated with debris.
18. Note: Once you place the Appliqué you won’t be able to move it without damaging it do to the strong adhesive. To get a feel of the install you can test the fit and your alignment ability on the cluster before you peel the release liner from the rear of the Appliqué.
19. Next peel the release liner from the rear of the Simco Graphic Appliqué to expose the adhesive, again watch for dirt and debris so that it doesn’t get into the adhesive. IMPORTANT: Do not remove the small Calibration Templates that are located on the front of the appliqué.
20. Locate all the gauge center holes of the new Simco Graphic Appliqué with the centers of the gauges on the cluster. Take your time with the alignment, hold the Appliqué slightly above the cluster while aligning all the holes with the centers, then slowly lower it onto the surface.
21. Once aligned and placed onto the surface, press firmly across the entire front surface of the Graphic Appliqué to completely adhere the part. Be careful not to scratch the painted rings or peel up the Calibration Templates that are attached; using a soft, lint free cloth will help with this.
22. Install the New Pointers by the following these steps:
23. Remove the New Accented Pointers from their packaging. The Long Pointers will be install on the Speedometer and Tachometer gauge locations and the Short Pointers will be installed on the Fuel, Water temp, Voltage, and Oil pressure gauge locations. The 4 Gauge Clusters will not have the Voltage and Oil pressure gauges.
24. Lightly set each of the pointers hubs onto the gauge shafts that are in the middle of the gauge centers while aligning the tip of the Pointer with the “Installation Point Tickmark Locations” that are listed below in chart. (See Figure 10& 11). Do Not push them down yet. It is also not crucial at this point to be exact with these placements: