This Mustang Parts Installation Guide Works For
Installation Time: 4 Hours
Before Light Bar Installed
Next, remove the top of the rear seats buy removing the two 13mm bolts holding the seats to the body, then lifting up from the top center of the seats.
NOTE: It is possible to install the light bar without completely removing the seat top, however, installation is much easier by doing so. To remove the seat completely, either slide the seats to either side of the vehicle or physically disengage the flange between the seat back and the convertible top fabric.
NOTE: You can completely remove the inside top panel by disconnecting a plastic pushpin between the OUTSIDE of the panel and the sheet metal located towards the back of the vehicle (See last figure on this page)
• Place the bracket labeled RH on the passenger side and LH on the driver side over the holes left by removing the bolts. The large “guide” hole goes over the seatbelt guide bolt hole.
• Reinstall and tighten the 10mm bolt and the T-50 Torx bolt. IT IS RECCOMMENDED TO TORQUE THE T-50 TORX BOLT TO 30 LB-FT
• After bolts are reinstalled, drill 1/8” pilot holes using a metal drill bit into the sheet metal through the guide holes provided on the light bar bracket. Enlarge these to 5/16”. Install the 4 button-head screws and flange nuts. The nuts go behind the body metal. Tighten bolts with 3/16” allen wrench.
• The next picture shows an installed light bar bracket from the CDC Manufacturer’s Installation Instructions
Black Grounding Wire
• Behind the speaker on the passenger side there is a wiring harness with a plastic connector that is attached to the body of the vehicle with a plastic push pin clip. Remove this retaining clip so the connector is free.
Red “Hot” Wire
• Take the free end of the red wire and route through the opening between the seats and the trunk area (large opening that spans entire seat length) containing the convertible lid motor, or the smaller opening closest to the quarter panels.
• Locate wire harness and connector that is positioned on the top of the passenger side of the trunk running towards the trunk lid.
• Following it up, there is another connector. This time, find the Tan Wire with Blue Stripe.
• In the same manner as before, slide the Red wire free end into the open end of the same connector as the tan and blue wire.
• Secure to the other wires using one of the zip ties behind the shrink wrap. Lightly tug on the wire to ensure its security.
• At this point, you should test the light bar to ensure all connections were made properly. Bring the bar to the car and rest on the center console (or have a friend hold it). Depress the brake and the LEDs should illuminate. If not, check your connections and re-secure as necessary.
NOTE: Once light is determined to work correctly, wrap electrical tape around the zip tie and surrounding wires to give extra support if desired.
• Reinstall the inside top quarter trim panels by reversing step 3.
I have provided the template at the end of this document that is given in the manufacturer’s installation instructions. You may use this template, or download the vendor’s guide from American Muscle of classicdesignconcepts.com.
• Snap the panels back into their proper positions. On the passenger side, ensure the light bar wiring harness is pulled through the tube still and rests outside of the trim panel
NOTE: It is easiest to have two people lower the bar into the tubes to ensure bar is going in level. If not, it becomes difficult to push both sides down.
It is easiest if a second person shines a light into the opening while slightly pulling up on the panel.
This is a great time to clean up the back seat area before reinstalling the seats, then put them back in.
Step back, look at your handiwork and enjoy!
Here are a few pictures of the bar on my car. Alloy Metallic, light gray interior with the Charcoal light bar.
Installation Instructions written by AmericanMuscle customer Michael Wozniak 9/12/2012