- Jack the car up using jack stands or drive it on some ramps. Removing the right wheel makes the install much easier.
- Remove your stock intake system from the throttle body to the filter housing.
- Unbolt your MAF from the filter housing, and install your MAF filter adaptor.Do not reuse the screen.
- Unplug the hold down in the large wire harness where the MAF wire ties into it and pull toward the hole. Feed your MAF wires into the hole in the apron. You only need a few inches in there.
- Put some tape around the hole in the apron. This will help prevent scratching the pipe during install.
- Remove your air temp, sensor from the factory intake and install in the grommet on bottom side of CAI.
- Use the supplied "U" channel gasket and install around the hole in apron plate.
- Next, slide apron plate and reducing 90 degree rubber elbow onto pipe like picture above.
- Use soapy water on the elbow and leave it loose. You will need to move it for best fit in the fender well.
Note:The reducing elbow is a very tight fit. To ease this, use soapy water and/or heat it in the microwave for about 20 seconds. This will make it easier to stretch over the pipe. Also remember it will need to be at an angle like the photo above. So it may help to set the pipe and elbow in the car a few times to get the correct angle. Position the clamps so you can get to them once installed in the fender well.
- Install the MAF into the end of the reducer. Position the plug so it will be pointing toward the driver's fender and the top toward the rear of the car. See photo above.
- (96-98 Cobra only) Go under the car and unbolt the Smog pump on the right frame rail. There are 3 bolts, move it forward and tilt down to align the rear bolt hole in the pump bracket with the forward most hole in the frame rail and attach 1 bolt. This is more than strong enough to hold the pump.
- Put a small amount of soapy water on the inside of remaining elbow and connect to pipe. Leave it loose. Stand pipe up and "screw" it into the hole in the apron, being careful not to scratch the finish. Attach the apron plate with the stock Airbox bolt.
- Leave clamps loose for now. Push and twist pipe and elbow on the throttle body for best fit. The elbow may be "just" touching the strut tower. Pipe may also "just" touch valve cover. If this concerns you, put a small piece of Velcro on the pipe or cover, soft side.
- Connect the IAC and PCV using the supplied hose. Bullitt's reuse the stock PCV hose and connect it to the lower fitting.
- Now from underside of car, install the air filter and plug in the MAF sensor. Unscrew and pull back splash shield to do this.
- Position clamps so they don't interfere with the throttle linkageand tighten. Polish your fingerprints off the paint and hit the track, street and/or dyno.
Installation instructions provided by JLT