27. Replace the Engine mount to the K-member. Reinstall the aluminum engine mount to the block. Remember to replace the ground wire on the top front stud and secure it with the 15mm nut.
28. Replace the starter before lowering the engine. The cable that has the cap on it may touch the header. I cut the portion that touches the header off and used the heat tape provided by kooks to wrap the starter wires and ‘tape’ the cap into place and protect the starter wires.
29. Ensure the motor mounts are lined up and carefully lower the engine. As the engine is lowered, keep an eye on that steering column. With it pushed up to the firewall, it should not be an issue.
30. When the engine is resting fully on the engine mounts, reinstall the steering joint by lining up the marks we made on the column and joint. The column can be a little tricky to get it to telescope back out, but it will come back out. Use some loctite on the threads of the 13mm bolts that secure the steering joint.
31. Install your Kooks midpipe.
32. Replace the 02 sensors using anti seize on the threads. For the front 02 sensors, the harness is secured at the top of the bell housing. You can pop the harness off its holder and this will give you enough slack in the harness to reinstall the sensor without needing an extension. For the rear 02 sensors, I only had to remove the driver’s side harness from the side of the transmission to reach my Kooks H-pipe. Zip tie the 02 sensor harness out of the way so it does not touch the exhaust.
33. Once everything is tight, look over everything once more to ensure no lines, tubes, cables are being pinched or touching the headers.
34. Replace the front wheels if you took them off. After everything is complete, you can lower the car.
35. From the top, tighten the two 13mm bolts and 15mm nut holding the motor mounts in the car. Do this on both sides.
36. Reinstall the intake, engine cover, battery and strut tower brace.
37. Remember to upload your tune!
As you can see, the Kook’s headers aren’t quite as long as others therefore, I don’t expect to have any ground clearance issues. It also appeared that the transmission would easily come out with the headers installed.