PA68402 6R80 DEEP ALUMINUM PAN AND FILLER TUBE KIT.
hanks for purchasing the PA68402 deep aluminum pan and filler tube assembly. Your new pan will hold approximately 7 quarts of transmission fluid. This should be Motorcraft L V automatic transmission fluid. Use of any fluid other than Motorcraft L V may damage the transmission.
- Raise vehicle and support properly.
- Start by removing the rear bolts (8mm or 5/16) from the transmission pan and working your way towards the front of the vehicle.
- Allow most of the fluid to drain before removing the forward most bolts.
- SAVE THE PAN GASKET, IT IS REUSABLE! 'J
- Place magnet from old pan into the deepest part of the new pan.
- The transmission filter may not stay in place; just push it back into place when ready.
- Wipe gasket area on transmission to remove excess fluid.
- Place reusable gasket onto new pan, with the filter in place and start 2 bolts to hold pan and gasket in place.
- Install the remaining bolts and tighten to 10 ft Ibs.
FILLER TUBE INSTALLATION
- Remove fill plug on passenger side of the trans.
- Remove plastic dipstick
- Remove small flO" ring from underside of fill plug and install onto new aluminum adapter sleeve.