Thanks again for purchasing your new stainless steel Pypes Performance Exhaust 05-10 Ford Mustang GT or V6. Please be sure to confirm all the components in the kit were received in your shipment before beginning installation. If you find any components missing, please contact our office at 800-421-3890 for replacement. Installation of these kits will require a few simple tools: jack stands, 13mm & 15mm wrenches, cutting device and penetrating oil. For a quicker and tighter installation, air tools are recommended. Technical assistance is available both online at www.pypesexhaust.com or 800-421-3890.
- Begin by placing the vehicle on a lift or four jack stands at maximum height. This will aid in an easier installation.
- Before unbolting any part of your existing system, match up the two hangers on your new x-pipe to the existing H or Y pipe mounts on the car. You will need to mark where the cuts are to be made on your factory H or Y pipe. This line should be 8-9 inches from the factory cats. Once you have checked the measurements, make the cuts through both driver and passenger pipes.
- You can now remove you factory Y or H pipe section. V6 owners can also remove the single mid pipe and single axle back. V8 owners will need to remove both mid pipes and the axle-back mufflers.
- It’s time to install your new Cat-back system. Begin by installing the two band clamps on to the after-cat x-pipe. Place the x-pipe hangers in the factory mounts near the transmission. Snug the clamps but do not tighten yet. Next install the two mid-pipes and the band clamps connecting the mid-pipes to the new x-pipe. Snug also but do not tighten.
- Next install the new axle-back system. Begin by installing the two band clamps on to the muffler necks. Place the factory hangers in the right configuration on to the welded wire forms on the axle-backs. Slide the muffler necks on to the mid-pipes, and then bolt the hangers on to the frame rails. Once all the hanger bolts are tight, make sure the tip is adjusted properly in the bumper cut-out (see below for V6 owners) and now tighten the band clamps on you x-pipe mid-pipes and axle-back...
- For V6 owners: Use the passenger side as a reference for your new GT hanger placement. Your car has all the threaded nuts welded into the frame rails. Proper placement is necessary. Also if you are still utilizing your factory V6 rear bumper cover, use the template provided to trim out the opening on the drivers side.
- Check all the connection points periodically, as they may come loose.
Note: If you find the new tips are not aligned properly in the bumper cutouts, you may need to adjust your mid-pipes by loosening the two band clamps located where your factory h-pipe meets the mid-pipes. A slight rotation of the mid pipes will allow for the best fit.
Now it’s time to fire up that muscle car and enjoy your new Pypes Performance Exhaust.