Packaging List for Complete Front Fascia Kit # R03010046
|Front Fascia (#R03010047)||1|
|Hardware Kit, Front Fascia (#R03010068)||1|
|Rivet, 4.8 x 3.2-6.4mm||4|
|Grill Insert, Front Fascia (#R03010054)||2|
|Hardware Kit, Grille Insert (#R03010069)||2|
|Extractor, Left (#R03010059)||1|
|Extractor, Right (#R03010062)||1|
|Grille Insert, Extractor (#R03010060)||2|
|Blackout Panel, Extractor (#R03010098)||2|
|Hardware Kit, Extractor (#R03010071)||2|
|Tape, 12 x 135mm||2|
|Tape, 12 x 165mm||6|
|Close Out Panel (#R03010065)||1|
|Hardware Kit, Close out panel (#R03010073)||1|
|U-Nut, M4.2 x 1.41mm||8|
|Screw, M4.2 x 1.41mm||8|
|Fog lamp Bracket (#R03010067)||2|
|Hardware Kit, Fog lamp brkt (#R03010075)||2|
|Nut, 6.0mm Hex Flange||3|
|Screw, M4.2x1.41x18mm Hex Flng||4|
|Fog Lamp (#SM01-6400-AL)||2|
|Installation Instructions (#R03010078)|| |
- Dupont® 2319 Plastic Prep
- Dupont® 2330S or equivalent Adhesion Promoter (for paint)
- 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter (for double-sided tape)
LIMIT OF LIABILITY STATEMENT
The information contained in this publication was accurate and in effect at the time the publication was approved for printing and is subject to change without notice or liability. Roush Performance Products (RPP) reserves the right to revise the information presented herein or to discontinue the production of parts described at any time.
STOP! CAREFULLY READ THE IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AND WARNINGS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THE INSTALLATION!
Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death. Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the installation.
- Always wear safety glasses for eye protection.
- Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
- Always apply the parking brake when working on the vehicle.
- Block the front and rear tire surfaces to prevent unexpected vehicle movement.
- Operate the engine only in well-ventilated areas to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide.
- Keep yourself and your clothing away from moving parts when the engine is running.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that can be caught in rotating or moving parts.
- Allow the engine, cooling system, brakes and exhaust to cool before working on a vehicle.
- Do not smoke or use flammable items near or around the fuel system.
- Use chemicals and cleaners only in well-ventilated areas.
- Batteries can produce explosive hydrogen gas which can cause personal injury. Do not allow flames, sparks or flammable sources to come near the battery.
- Keep hands and any other objects away from the radiator fan blades.
- Paint Preparation
- Wipe each part with plastic prep (Dupont® 2319 or equivalent).
- Wipe entire part with tack cloth.
- Apply adhesion promoter (Dupont® 2330S or equivalent) prior to color and clear coat applications. This part is made of TPO (Thermoplastic polyolefin) and requires a promoter for paint adhesion.
- Wear eye protection.
- Thoroughly clean front fascia prior to starting installation.
- Stock Fascia Removal
- Remove fascia top close out panel, 6 pushpins. (Figure A)
- Remove fascia top fasteners with 10mm socket, 1 each side. (Figure B)
- Disconnect turn lamp connectors from lamp. Remove fascia lower close out fasteners from fascia, 4 total. (Figure C)
- Remove fascia nuts from fender to fascia attachment inside wheel well, 2 per side. (Figure D)
- Remove screws inside wheel well, 3 each side. (Figure E)
- Remove fastener at each wheel liner, one per side.
- After all hardware has been removed, carefully remove front fascia from car by
pulling the top corner down off of bolts. (Figure F)
- Stock Fascia Disassembly
- Remove turn lamps from fascia and the bracket that holds them by grinding out the rivets, 2 per side. (Figure G)
- Front Grille
- Remove front grille from the original stock fascia and reuse it in the RPP fascia. Leave the lights in the grille. (Figure H)
- Front Fascia Pre-Installation
- Install fascia corner brackets LH / RH using supplied rivets (2 per side).
- Install OE side marker lamps LH / RH into RPP fascia.
- Install Grille Inserts to fascia and fastener with push on clips provided. (Figure I)
- Install Extractor to fascia.
- Apply 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter to the areas where double-sided tape will be applied
- Install supplied tape to extractor, 1 short and 3 long pieces per extractor. (Figure J)
- Install Extractor Grille Inserts and Black Out Panels to Extractors. Fasten with push on clips provided. (Figure K)
- Apply 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter to the area on the fascia that will receive the double-sided tape.
- Peel tape backing to make a pull-tab, position to fascia opening, press into position and remove tape strips.
- Install Fog Lamp Brackets to fascia using provided nuts, 3 per side. (Figure L)
- Installation of Front Fascia
- Place RPP fascia in position on car. (Figure M)
- Properly align fascia to headlamps and fenders and insert tab into groove (see picture) while moving fascia into position.
- Reinstall fascia top fasteners. (Figure N)
- Position fascia to fenders and reinstall fasteners, two per side. (Figure O)
- Install electrical connectors for Turn and Fog Lamps.
- Attach wheel well to front fascia with screws. (Figure P)
- Install RPP close out panel to bottom of fascia. Note: the closure panel is used to fill gap between the newly installed RPP fascia and vehicle’s OE close out panel.
- Install supplied u-nuts to RPP close out panel
- Position RPP close out panel on top of fascia flange and below existing close out panel.
- Remove the u-nuts (4) that are on the existing close out panel. (Figure Q)
- Use the supplied u-nuts (4) and screws (4) to attach the existing closes out
panel the ROUSH close out panel.
- Use the supplied u-nuts (4) and screws (4) to attach the ROUSH close out panel to the ROUSH front fascia. (Figure R)
- Verify proper fit. Fascia installation is complete. See Fog Lamp Wire Harness Installation Instructions to install ROUSH Fog Lamp Wiring Harness Kit #R03010080.
Congratulations!!! You have completed the installation of the ROUSH Performance Products, Ford Mustang Front Fascia. It is recommended that you save all parts removed from your vehicle during the installation of this kit.