Assembly of the Steeda Cold Air Induction Kit
4. Remove the PCV liner from the outside of the shield.
5. Bolt the lower cold air feed duct to the shield with the provided #10 x 1/2" button head Allen screws and associated Nylon lock nuts and flat washers as seen in figure 4.
6. Attach the mass air flow sensor pipe to the shield assembly by passing the pipe through the hole in the shield and orient it as seen in figure S. Secure it with the provided 1/4" x 3/8" button head Allen screws and 1/4" flat washers.
7. Attach the supplied cone air filter to the velocity stack by sliding it over its outer flange and securing it with the attached hose clamp as seen in figure 6.
8. Bolt the attachment brackets to the shield with the supplied #10 x 5/16" button head Allen screws as seen in figure 7. The bracket with the large hole in it needs to have the grommet and bolt used on the factory airbox transferred over.
9. Screw the provided aluminum dowels into the bottom of the larger bracket, as also seen in figure 7. Use the provided 1/4" x 5/8" Hex head bolts and 1/4" flat washers.
10. Install the rubber trim around the edges of the shield as shown in figure 8. The larger trim with the bulb should go around the top of the shield to seal against the hood liner, and the smaller trim sbould go around the lower part of the shield.
11. Remove the mass air flow sensor from the factory airbox lid by removing the two torx screws securing it. Now carefully transfer the sensor into the aluminum mass air flow sensor pipe in the same orientation as it was in the factory airbox lid. Use the two provided #8 x 5/16" button head Allen screws to secure it to tbe pipe.
12. If you have a vehicle with a manual transmission, install the provided rubber plug in the hole in the bottom of the MAF pipe. If you have a vehicle with an automatic transmission install the rubber grommet and barbed hose elbow into the hole in the bottom of the MAF pipe.