Installation of the Steeda Cold Air Induction Kit
13. Fit the shield assembly into the car in the same location and orientation as the factory airbox as seen in figure 9. Be sure to locate the dowel pins, in the bottom bracket of the shield, into the rubber grommets you placed back in the holes in the inner fender. Also reinstall and tighten the bolt used to secure the factory airbox into the bracket which you transferred the rubber grommet into. Note; make sure that the lower cold air feed duct fits tightly and properly in the same intake duct as the factory lower airbox.
14. Install the two large hose clamps over the ends of the silicone intake tube. Use the largest clamp on the end with the largest diameter (the mass air flow sensor pipe end) and the smaller hose clamp over the smaller diameter (the throttle body end). Fit the new intake tube in place by first setting the larger diameter end over the mass air flow sensor pipe. Then install the smaller end over the throttle body. Be sure the hose is over the entire throttle body, and covering at least one inch of the mass air flow sensor pipe. Tighten down the hose clamps.
15. Install the aluminum PCV hose adaptor into the small boss on the side of the silicone intake tube. Secure it with the last provided hose clamp and reinstall the factory PCV hose over the adaptor. Make sure it snaps into place.
16. If you have an automatic transmission vehicle, install the secondary brake booster hose over the barbed plastic elbow you installed in the bottom of the MAF pipe. Trim the hose to length, if so desired.
17. Reconnect the mass air flow sensor.
18. You are done with the installation! The finished assembly should look similar to figure 10.
19. You now MUST tune the engine computer to be able to operate the car with the Cold Air Induction kit installed. If you do NOT have the engine tuned after installing the Cold Air Induction kit the air:fuel ratio could become very lean and could damage the engine!! Steeda will not be held responsible for damage caused by this CAI kit when used without a proper tune.