INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING TAYLOR 8mm CUSTOM-FIT MODEL SPECIFIC WIRE SETS
- Custom-Fit spark plug wire sets are ready to install. Some sets have an additional coil wire to fit various models.
- Change only one wire at a time starting with the longest. Remove by twisting boot to break seal. Grasp boot and pull with a steady motion. DO NOT pull on the wire.
- Select a new wire that is approximately the same length as the old one. 4. Use provided silicone compound and carefully apply a thin coat on the inside of the spark plug boot, distributor boot, and coil boot. This compound will insure proper sealing, prevent arcing and boots sticking to spark plugs. Use a clean cotton swab or similar tool to apply. Read precautionary note.
- Install new wire on spark plug securely. Listen for, or feel the "snap" of the terminal on to the plug. Distributors, coils and male posts should be installed in the same manner.
- For distributors and coils with female sockets, press brass terminal into socket and slide nipple onto tower.
- Repeat steps 2-6 until all leads are installed. Install wire into separations and loops. Inspect wire routing to insure that wires and boots do not come in contact with exhaust manifolds and other high heat, high abrasion areas.
SILICONE LUBRICANT COMPOUND PRECAUTION
WARNING: MAY CAUSE EYE IRRITATION. Do not get in eyes. In case of eye contact, flush eyes with water for 15 minutes and obtain medical attention. Contains Dimethylpolysilozane.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN