22. Reattach the spindle to the strut and torque the
bolts to the factory setting of 148 lb-ft.
Note: Ford recommends replacing these bolts every
time you remove them. You can purchase these from
your local Ford dealer.
23. Reattach the ABS sensor wire and brake line
bracket and torque to Ford specifications of 15 lb-ft.
24. Reattach the sway bar end link and torque to
factory specifications of 85 lb-ft. Do not use an
25. With the tires still off the ground slide the strut all
the way forward toward the front of the car. You can
now tighten the M10 bolt to 26 lb/ft.
26. We recommend centering your strut shaft in the
center of the strut tower opening to get you to the
alignment shop. Once you have centered the strut you
can torque the 8mm locking nuts to 20 lb-ft.
27. Repeat the steps for the other side.
28. Install the wheels and safely lower the vehicle off
the jack stands to the ground. Make sure you torque
your wheels to the factory torque specifications.
29. Align your vehicle to your desired alignment
specifications or factory specifications if you are happy
with them. Caster should be set first.
You will not be able to adjust these plates with the
vehicle on the ground or the suspension loaded. The
front must be raised in order to adjust the camber/
caster plate. Due to the anti-roll bar loading it may be
required to lift both front tires off the ground to make
These J&M camber/caster plates have separate
adjustments for camber and caster. You must adjust
caster first and lock down the M10 caster bolt to 26
lb-ft and then adjust camber.