SFM66: 05-10 GT Mid-Muffler Cat-back System
SFM69: 05-10 V6 After-Cat Mid-Muffler System
Thanks again for purchasing your new stainless steel Pypes Performance Exhaust 05-10 Ford Mustang GT or V6. Please be sure to confirm all the components in the kit were received in your shipment before beginning installation. If you find any components missing, please contact our office at 800-421-3890 for replacement. Installation of these kits will require a few simple tools: jack stands, 13mm & 15mm wrenches, cutting device and penetrating oil. For a quicker and tighter installation, air tools and welding are recommended. Technical assistance is available both online at www. pypesexhaust.com or 800-421-3890.
1. Begin by placing the vehicle on a lift or four jack stands at maximum height. This will aid in an easier installation.
2. Unbolt the existing system from just behind the factory h-pipe using a 15mm wrench on the band clamps. Loosen the clamps at the factory axlebacks with a 15mm wrench. Now remove the factory mid-pipes. Last, unbolt the factory muffler hangers using a 13 mm wrench and drop the axle-backs from the vehicle.
3. You can now re-install the four axle back hangers on to the frame rails. Leave the bolts loose until the entire system is installed.
4. It’s time to install your new Cat-back system. Begin by installing the two 16” slight bent pipes to the factory h-pipe (straight end towards the h-pipe and slight bend towards the mufflers) using the factory band clamps. Snug the bolts with a 15 mm wrench.
5. Next install the new M-80 cylindrical mufflers onto the short pipe (slight bend towards the mufflers and the straight portion into the clamps at the h-pipe). The HVC20 band clamps will be used at both the inlet and outlet.
These will appear to be very close o the drive shaft.
6. Next, install the over the axle portion on the mid-pipes, and slide the axle-back muffler delete tailpipe wire forms into the factory muffler hangers.
Use an HVC21 band clamp at the connection between the mid-pipes and the tailpipes.
7. Finally, slide the EVT 52 tips on to the tailpipes. Clamp the tip on using a HVC21 band clamp.
8. Finish the system by making all your final adjustments to position the mid pipes, mufflers and tailpipes. Now tighten all the band clamps or for the best fit weld all the slip joints. The 409 stainless can be welded with your standard Mig welder, and is highly recommended when possible.
9. Check all clamped joints periodically as they may come loose.
Note For V6 owners: Please refer to the installation instructions for XFM44 After-cat x-pipe. Use the passenger side as a reference for your new GT hanger placement. Your car has all the threaded nuts welded into the frame rails ( some 05-10 V6’s need the hole to be threaded with an M8 x 1.25mm tap). Proper placement is necessary. Also if you are still utilizing your factory V6 rear bumper cover, you will need to trim out the opening on the driver side, per the template provided.
Note: If you find the new tips are not aligned properly in the bumper cutouts, you may need to adjust your mid-pipes by loosening the two band clamps located where your factory h-pipe meets the mid-pipes. A slight rotation of the mid pipes will allow for the best fit.
Now it’s time to fire up that muscle car and enjoy your new Pypes Performance Exhaust.