12. If you choose to use the stock exhaust hangars, you will have to grind them off the stock mid-pipe. I would advise welding them to the new X-pipe LAST, in order to ensure they will fit properly.
13. Place the new X-pipe on the car and reattach all bolts as they were removed, making sure everything lines up before reattaching any bolts. Then LOOSELY attach all nuts in their respective locations.
14. Tighten the 8 bolts (4 front, 4 rear) attaching the X-pipe to the rest of the exhaust system. You may want to use thread locker for safety.
15. Tighten the clamps to secure the pipes of the X-pipe together with the 5/8”Socket.
16. Reconnect the O2 sensors in their respective locations. The mounts are already connected to the new pipes.
17. Reconnect the wiring for the O2 sensors.
18. Reconnect the battery.
19. Start the car and listen for exhaust leaks. If you hear/see any, check that all connections are secure until the leak is sealed. Also, if the check engine light is on, check the O2 sensors, making sure they are connected. If this doesn’t work, check that the O2 sensors didn’t somehow get damaged.
Installation instructions provided by AmericanMuscle customer Callaway Turner 3.28.09