- Chin spoiler
- Push-pin retainer (2)
- 1 - Roll of 1/2"x44" 3M Acrylic bonding tape (#950010)
- 2 - Alcohol packs
- 1 - adhesion promoter pack
Failure to follow instructions may result in loss of this product. Classic Design Concepts is not responsible for improperly installed Chin Spoiler. Tape surfaces must have a temperature of 70°F or above to properly adhere. If necessary, warm the vehicle and chin spoiler areas with a heat gun or hair dryer.
Apply 3M acrylic bonding tape
1. Sand area to be taped on the part with 80-120 grit sandpaper.
2. Clean with supplied alcohol swabs. allow time to dry.
Caution: proper ventilation should be used when handling all solvents.
Inhalation and direct contact with skin and eyes should be avoided.
3. Apply supplied adhesion promoter. Allow time to dry. Note: Adhesion promoter may discolor paint, only apply where needed. The drying time is generally 30-45 seconds but may depend on conditions. Tape should be applied within 1 hour of applying promoter, in a dust free environment.
4. Apply 3M acrylic foam tape. Cut tape with a razor blade where a continuous piece is not possible. Note: it is recommended that the temperature of the part be 60-110°F at the time of application.
5. Apply even pressure around part to set tape. As a general rule, a minimum of 15PSI should be used. Note: Immediately after the tape is applied about 60% of the bond strenth is achieved. After 24 hours approximately 75%-80% is achieved. After 72 hours 95% bond strength is achieved.