7. Using the supplied red wire tap, slide the Gray wire with Purple stripe (Pin # 20) onto the wire tap. See picture 7 above. The wire should sit in the middle of the two teeth. Squeeze down on the wire tap making sure it snaps closed. Do not cut Wire!
8. Plug the red wire from the wiring into the back of the wire tap. See picture 8.
9. Re-connect the large black connector. Be certain to pull the blue bar down to insure the connector snaps back into place.
1. Double check everything to make sure it was connected properly. Test the lights by opening your door or using the key FOB to unlock doors. If the lights do not come on, visit the trouble shooting guide below.
2. Use the supplied zip ties to secure all wiring. Pay special attention to the wiring near the driver side pedals.
3. Replace passenger side kick panel cover. Take your time to make sure everything lines up. Note: the top edge of the kick panel located in the door jamb gets tucked under the existing trim panel in that area.
4. Re-install door sill panel making sure it snaps into place.
5. Enjoy your new foot well lighting kit! The lights will activate when you open your car door. Lights will dim automatically when you start your car or lock the doors.
Trouble shooting guide:
Lamp(s) won’t turn on –
• Check to make sure you connected red wire tap to the correct factory wire outlined in the ‘Connecting the wiring’ section above. This is the MOST common mistake made.
• Check the ground cable you connected under the ‘Connecting the wiring’ section. Make sure that it is making proper metal-to-metal contact and that the bolt is tightened. If there is paint on the bolt or surface, you may need to scrape some of the paint off under the bolt/ nut. Some interior lights or door locks aren’t functioning –
• The large connector was not re-connected properly or completely. Plugging it back in will restore function. Be sure to pull the blue bar back down until it snaps into place.
If you are still having trouble with your product, please contact us for technical assistance.