Slide gray cap onto the exposed wire end and re-ti hten to secure.
1. Re-connect the negative battery cable to the car battery. Remember to re-tighten the bolt.
2. Double check everything to make sure it was connected properly. Now press the Engine Start button. Test the fog light switch to make sure the lights turn ON and OFF. If the lights do not power on or do not turn off with the switch, visit the trouble shooting section below. Otherwise proceed to the next step.
3. Using the supplied zip ties, secure the wiring in the engine bay and passenger compartment. Be sure to securely zip tie any components that may rattle such as the relays next to the fuse box.
4. Be sure you secure all wiring under the dash and near the pedals. Failure to do so could cause damage to the wiring or cause an accident.
5. Adjust the lights. This is best done at night or in a dark garage. Turn the lights on and position the car about 15 feet from the wall. On each fog light the Philips screw can be turned left or right to adjust up and down. Adjust the lights so that the individual light patterns are level on the wall.
6. Re-install the dash panel, air deflector and radiator cover.
7. Enjoy your new fog lights! The fog lights can be operated anytime the vehicle is ON. You may operate the fog lights as daytime running lights by turning them on while in the auto headlamps position. Your fog lights will tum off automatically when the vehicle is turned OFF. There is no interior indicator light to show fog light status.
Trouble shooting guide: Fog lights won't turn ON -
• Check to make sure you connected the red posi-lock connector to the correct wire outlined in the "Installing switch in passenger compartment" section above. This is the MOST common mistake made during installation. If you cut the wrong wire, do not panic, contact us to provide another posi-lock connector which makes re-connecting it easy.
• Check to make sure your vehicle is in the Accessory or ON mode (Start button green LED is blinking or solid).
• Check the ground cable you connected under the "Wiring in engine bay" section. Make sure that it is making proper contact and that the bolt is tightened.
• Check the ring terminal you connected to the side of the fuse box to 12v power. Make sure that it is making proper contact and that the bolt is tightened.
• Check the blue fuse installed in the fuse holder (small black box located on orange wire). Make sure it is plugged in completely and has not been blown (On a blown fuse the filament in the middle of the two posts has been broken).
Fog lights stay ON -
• Check to make sure you installed the red posi-lock connector on the proper wire outlined in the "Installing switch in passenger compartment" section above. If you connected your wire tap to the wrong wire, it may result in the fog lights staying on until you shut off the vehicle. If you cut the wrong wire, do not panic, contact us to provide another posi-lock connector which makes reconnecting it easy.
• If the fog lights turn ON and OFF normally with the fog light button, but do not shut off when the vehicle is turned off, check the red wire connected to the 5 amp fuse under the engine bay fuse box. Be sure you have connected the red wire to the proper 5 amp fuse slot.
If you are still having trouble with your product, please contact us for technical assistance.