The information contained in this publication was accurate and in effect at the time the publication was approved for printing and is subject to change without notice or liability. ROUSH Performance Products (RPP) reserves the right to revise the information presented herein or to discontinue the production of parts described at any time.
STOP! READ IMPORTANT SAFETY CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS BEFORE PROCEEDING.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE
Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death. Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the actual installation.
Therefore, do not allow flames, sparks or flammable substances to come near the battery.
1. Always wear safety glasses for eye protection.
2. Place ignition switch in the OFF position.
3. Always apply the parking brake when working on a vehicle.
4. Chock the front and rear tires to prevent unexpected vehicle movement.
5. If working without a lift, always consult vehicle manual for correct lifting specifications.
6. Operate the engine only in well-ventilated areas to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide.
7. Do not smoke or use flammable items near or around the fuel system.
8. Use chemicals and cleaners in well-ventilated areas.
9. Batteries produce explosive gases, which can cause personal injury.
10. Keeps hands and any other objects away from the radiator fan blades.
11. Keep yourself and your clothing away from moving parts when the engine is running.
12. Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry that can get caught in rotating parts or scratch surface finishes.
13. Allow the engine, cooling system, brakes and exhaust to cool before working on a vehicle.
Perform this installation on a good clean level surface for maximum safety and with the engine turned off.
USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN WORKING UNDERNEATH A VEHICLE. Never get near or underneath a vehicle until you are confident that it is safely supported and will not move or fall from its raised position.
DO NOT USE A BUMPER JACK!
NOTE! There is a limited amount of working space underneath the car around the transmission and floor pan area while replacing and installing the shifter assembly, however, shifter removal and replacement can be performed without removal of drive shaft. If drive shaft is removed to facilitate the installation, consult the manufacturer’s service manual for correct procedure.
Removing the Ford Shifter
1. Apply the emergency brakes or block two wheels to avoid vehicle movement while the vehicle is on the ground.
2. Place the shifter in the neutral position.
3. Remove the shifter knob. Grasp the knob by hand and turn counterclockwise to unthread the knob from the shifter stick.
4. Open the cup holder door and the rear console door. Grasp the center console top from behind the open cup holder door and the thin section next to the e-brake lever and pull straight up to disengage the five (5) spring clip retainers. Refer to Figure 1. Lift the rear of the center console top and pull rearward to remove the two (2) front pins from the dash panel.