7. Grease the nylon bushings and insert the factory shift rod, driver's side first, and temporarily reinstall the factory nut removed in Step 4.
8. Set the Shifter Stops as FollowsMake sure all adjustments are done at this time. From inside the car you must adjust the shifter stops:
9. Back off the stop bolts so that the shifter moves freely into all gears
10. Place the shifter in 3rd gear and thread the stop bolt towards the shift lever until it contacts the shift lever.
11. Once the stop bolt contacts the shift lever, back off the bolt approximately a 1/2 turn, until there is a small air gap (about.025") between the shift lever and the stop.
12. Hold the bolt with a 1/2" wrench while tightening the jam nut against the shifter tower with another wrench.
13. Double check the space between the shift lever and the stop bolt.When you push hard on the shift lever it should contact the stop bolt, butwhen you let go of the lever it should snap away and not touch the bolt. There must be a small air gap between them.
14. Place the shifter in second gear and adjust the other stop bolt using the same procedure explained in Step 13.
15. Shift the shifter through all gears and double check the stop clearance in each gear.The shifter must beable to shift freely into all gears and rest in gear without interference from the stop bolts. Make any adjustments necessary to provide the correct gap as noted in Step 11.
16. After all stops are set you will need to remove the shifter and install the rubber factory boot by stretching it over the shifter base.
17. Shift the shifter through all gears and double check the stop clearance in each gear.The shifter must be able to shift freely into all gears without interference fromthe stop bolts.
18. Reinstall the Tri-Ax shifter following Steps 3, 4 & 7. Be sure to use the provided new flange nut to attach the shift rod to the shift lever, Thread locking compound is highly recommended. At this time tighten all bolts securely. It is recommended that the handle be installed in the higher position for the greatest driver comfort. For the shortest throw, install the handle in the lower position. For Clearance purposes it is recommended that the handle be installed on the passenger side of the shift lever.
19. Re-install the shift boot and knob. Important: Always use an anti-seize compound on the threads when installing an aluminum shift knob onto the Steeda shift handle.
Installation instructions provided by Steeda