NOTE: Due to normal manufacturing processes you may have “flashing” (small fibers of plastic) around the pod holes. Once the gauge(s) are installed in the pod you will not be able to see the “flashing.”
Air Bag Warning: A-pillar gauge mounts should never be installed over an A- pillar or “curtain-side” airbags.
1. Your new A-pillar cover installs over the stock A-pillar. There is no need to replace the stock pillar.
2. Remove the stock A-pillar.
* For Dodge Ram with Infinity speaker, remove speaker from A-pillar. Cut or grind down the raised speaker portion of stock A-pillar to allow the mounting of new A-pillar cover and gauges.
Note: The other option is to purchase and install the base model A-pillar plastic from your local Dodge dealer. This will save the extensive modification made to the original speaker fitted pillar. You can order the original A-pillar from your local Dodge dealer.
3. Hold the A-Pillar cover in mounting position on the A-pillar. Slight modifications (trimming) of the A-pillar cover may be required for a perfect fit in some applications. Drill 3/16" holes through the four corners of both the A-pillar cover and A-pillar.
4. Install gauges (and/or speaker) in A-pillar cover. No retaining hardware is needed to hold gauge(s) or speaker. The gauges are press fit and the speaker snaps in place.
5. The A-pillar cover has clearance for gauge lines to be run down the back and exit through the bottom. Secure wiring and tubing to the back of the new A-pillar cover. Make sure gauge lines do not interfere with fit. If interference occurs create an opening in the stock A-pillar for the gauge lines to pass through. Secure gauge lines to the back side of the stock A-pillar.
6. Insert ratchet fasteners through holes to install cover on A-pillar.
7. Run gauge lines out through the fire wall to the engine.
8. Install A-pillar cover/A-pillar, making sure lines are not pinched.
9. Connect gauge(s) to vehicle. Follow instructions included with gauge(s) for proper installation and operation.