FITS STANDARD TRANSMISSIONS ONLY
Follow these instructions carefully to ensure correct fitment and operation.
- Raise front of the vehicle on safety ramps or jack stands to allow clearance for long header installation, if available a vehicle hoist would be highly recommended.
- Disconnect negative battery terminal.
- Working from under the vehicle, first remove the exhaust H-Pipe by disconnecting at the exhaust manifolds, muffler pipes and also be sure to unplug all 4 oxygen sensors.
- Working from under the hood, disconnect the emissions tubes from both exhaust manifolds, then unbolt and remove the strut tower brace to allow for clearance while lifting the engine on the passenger side.
- Working from under the vehicle, unbolt and remove the starter and then the passenger side exhaust manifold.
- Unbolt the steering shaft pinch bolt (located on the driver’s side just above the steering rack at the rubber coupler or rag joint). Pull the steering shaft up off of the splines on the steering rack and swing the shaft to the driver’s side of the engine compartment. Unbolt and remove the driver side exhaust manifold.
- To facilitate installation of the header on the passenger side, first remove the engine cross member support bar (G-load brace), then remove the motor mount nut on the passenger side to allow the motor to be jacked about 3-4 inches.
- Using a floor jack or jack of some sort, and a piece of wood on the oil pan rail, slowly raise the engine enough to allow the header to be slid into place. Place another piece of wood as a safety block between the engine mount and cross member until the header is installed completely with supplied gasket and hardware. The starter motor must also be installed simultaneously with the passenger side header due to tight clearances.
- Lower the engine and re-install the engine mount nut, then simply slide the driver side header into place along with supplied gasket and hardware.
- Re-install the steering shaft to steering rack and torque the bolt to factory specifications, then reinstall the cross member support bar. At this point check for any interference or clearance problems between the driver side header and steering shaft.
- Install the oxygen sensors to the H-Pipe or XPipe assembly before installing onto the vehicle. Install the new BBK H-Pipe or X-Pipe assembly using the supplied hardware, first tighten the flanges at the header collectors, then tighten at the mufflers. NOTE!!! Be sure to add a small amount of anti-seize to the top thread of each oxygen sensor using the supplied antiseize packet. As you thread the oxygen sensor back into the part the anti-seize will spread evenly throughout the threads.
- From under the hood simply reconnect the emissions tubes to the appropriate fittings on the headers and re-install the strut tower brace. NOTE!!! Be sure to apply a small amount of the supplied anti-seize on the threads.
- Safely lower the vehicle and reconnect the negative battery terminal to the battery, start your vehicle and check for leaks or loose hardware.
NOTE: The crimp shown below is intentional and does not have a negative effect on tuning, performance, or exhaust flow output. The crimp does not constitute a warranty claim.