1. Remove rear rubber isolators from factory exhaust and re-install on vehicle. Reinstall bolts and tighten to 20 ft lbs. (Reverse of Fig. 3)
2. PLEASE IDENTIFY YOUR PART NUMBER THEN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS: 140586, 140587, 140588, 140590, 140591, 140589: Replace the Left-side and Right-side factory band clamps onto the front pipes. (See Fig. 6) DO NOT TIGHTEN THE CLAMP BOLTS. 140583, 140584, 140585: Replace the Left-side factory band clamp onto the front pipe. DO NOT TIGHTEN THE CLAMP BOLT.
3. Install the L/H Over-Axle Pipe Assembly to the Left-side of vehicle inserting the hangers into the rubber isolators. (See Fig. 7)
4. Repeat Step 3 for the R/H Over-Axle Pipe Assembly installation to the right-side. (See Fig. 8)
5. Starting on the left-side, place a clamp on the L/H Muffler Assembly inlet pipe. Position the L/H Muffler Assembly hangar into the rear rubber isolator then insert into the L/H Interme-diate Pipe Assembly . (See Fig. 9) DO NOT TIGHTEN THE CLAMPS.
6. Repeat Step 4 for installation of the R/H Intermediate Pipe Assembly . Check your exhaust system for proper clearance under the vehicle and also for tip alignment. (See Fig. 10)
7. Start tightening clamps on your new exhaust beginning at the X-Pipe and moving to the Rear Mufflers. Once position has been determined to be correct, tighten the Accuseal™ clamps to 32-35 ft. lbs. making sure the clamp bolts are centered between the notches in the pipe. 7. Before starting your vehicle, make sure to check all wires, hoses, brake lines, body parts and tires for safe clearance from the exhaust system.
8. Start vehicle and check for any leaks. If any leaks are found, determine cause (such as loose or incorrectly positioned clamp) and repair as necessary.
WARNING: Use extreme caution during installation. Torque all fasteners according to manufactur-er’s torque values and tightening sequence. DO NOT use air impact tools to tighten fasteners on Borla Performance Exhaust Systems. Use of such tools may result in bent flanges or gasket contact areas leading to exhaust leaks.
NOTE: When you first start your vehicle after the installation of your new Borla Performance Exhaust System, there may be some smoke and fumes coming from the system. This is a protective oil based coating used in the manufacturing of mandrel bent performance exhaust tubing. This is not a problem and will disappear within a very short period of time after the exhaust has reached normal operating temperatures.