1. Surface temperature for application should be no lower than 60 degrees and not higher than 85 degrees. If climate will not permit, install inside a garage and use rear window defroster or a hair dryer to warm the surface.
2. Area to receive tape should first be thoroughly cleaned with a liquid detergent and warm water solution. Rinse with clean water and dry completely.
3. A final wipe with 50/50 alcohol/water is highly recommended for best results (use a clean lint free cloth). Ensure surface is dry and residue free before proceeding.
1. Place the top corner brackets on the top corners of the rear window. The small lower lip fits between the glass and the body. The small lower lip hooks behind the glass. Position the bracket so that it is resting firmly against the side edge of the glass and flush to the outside of the glass. There is a left and right bracket.
2. Remove the backing and install. The tape on the brackets is pressure sensitive. For maximum adhesion, apply heavy pressure over the entire area of the mounting hardware to ensure good tape contact across the entire surface area.
3. Attach two (2) Middle Tie Downs to the louver, using the thumbnuts.
4. Position the Tie Down so that the short side of the bracket is on the outside edge of the louver. The short side will be resting against the edge of the rear window.
5. Slide the louver into position into the top corner brackets with the hardware attached onto the glass and check the fit.
6. While holding the louver in position, open the trunk and from the bottom of the rear window, slide the Bottom Tie Down in between the glass and the body with the threaded stud pointing upward. Close the trunk. The Tie Down hooks over the glass edge. Slide the Tie Down upward until the threaded stud reaches the hole in the louver. Attach two (2) Bottom Tie Downs to the louver, using the thumbnuts.
7. Push the louver assembly up against the top corner brackets. Mark the hardware mounting locations, and position of the louver precisely with a felt tip pen or a grease pencil and remove the assembly.
8. Remove the backing tape from the hardware and apply to the glass being very precise with the initial contact between the tape and the glass, attaching and removing the tape will adversely affect the bond strength of the tape to the glass.
9. REMOVE LOUVER FROM GLASS LEAVING HARDWARE ATTACHED. The louver is removed by turning the thumbnuts counter-clockwise. Carefully lift the louver up and away from the hardware. Slide the louver out from under the top corner brackets.
10. The tape on the brackets is pressure sensitive. For maximum adhesion, apply heavy pressure over the entire area of the mounting hardware to ensure good tape contact across the entire surface area.
11. Mask off an area around the brackets. Apply a thin bead of clear or black silicone to all edges of the hardware mounting plates and “squeegee” in with a finger to ensure moisture cannot “undercut” the tape. Remove mask from rear window.
12. A full 24 Hrs is required to achieve a fully cured bond to the glass, do not install louver during this period. The added stress of the louver at speed on the vehicle could cause tape to fail and a total loss of adhesion will occur.
13. After the recommended cure time has passed, inspect the bond strength of the tape to the glass prior to re-installing the louver. If any problems are visible call the hotline before proceeding.
Installation instructions provided by Manufacturer