Note: Our shock tower covers are designed to fit over the standard OEM bolts on your Mustang. Some 2007 and newer Mustangs have bolts that are a little longer than normal. In these cases one of the four bolts or the center bolt may have to be cut down slightly for proper fitment of shock tower cover. If this modification is not made in cases where it is required, the shock tower cover may rub on the hood liner or center bolt, causing cosmetic damage to both.
1. Begin by identifying "Driver side" and "Passenger side" covers as indicated by the "D" and "P" letters visible on the underside of each cover.
2. Notice the concave contoured area on each cover. The covers must be installed with the contoured recess toward the fender on each side to provide clearance for the hood frame. * Installing covers backwards will result in interference that will damage the covers as well as the hood. Note: It is very important to remove rubber caps from the strut tower stem (if necessary) before installing these products.
3. Notice that the flange around the bottom of the covers is stepped. This is to fit precisely around the structural support panels of each shock tower.
4. Apply assembly grease (i.e.: any type of lubricant or grease) to the retention tabs - two on each shock tower cover "through hole". Also apply it to the inside diameter of the "through hole" of each shock tower cover.
*Note - The "through holes" are not precision machined holes and variations in their diameters may result in one side fitting tighter than the other, but should not be a problem.
5. Locate the center flange of each cover into the shock tower "through hole". While grasping the outer diameter of the cover with your fingers, rotate back and forth while pressing down at the center with the palm of your hand until you feel the cover "pop" into place. Make sure the cover flange is oriented to fit correctly over the shock tower structural supports. Repeat on the other cover, and installation is complete. Congratulations!
If you ever need to take the covers off, just grasp them around the outer edge and rotate, pulling upward, until they pop off.
Caution: The use of harsh degreasers and/or high pressure washers may damage the finish on this product and will void any warranty, adjustment or return of this product.