ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
Thank you for purchasing your new Turbosmart Boost Tee. This new model now has some great new features. These include:
• 2 ramp rates of boost to give you the option of a fast rise in boost or a slightly tame rise for more sensitive setups.
• A wider boost adjustment range for wastegates with low spring base pressures.
• A new mounting bracket to make it easier to mount.
IMPORTANT NOTES ON YOUR BOOST CONTROLLER
• Use only silicone hose that is the correct size and pressure rating for your application when fitting your boost controller – other hoses will be affected by heat and will eventually crack or split which could cause excessive boost pressure and engine damage
• Ensure that all plumbing is secured with clamps
• Your boost controller should be mounted at least 100mm from any heat source
• A Turbosmart Fuel Cut Defender may need to be used in conjunction with your boost controller – refer to www.turbosmart.com.au
• The boost dial has a left handed thread, be sure not to over tighten as this will damage the boost controller.
• Please note that the one turn (click) of the boost controller dial does NOT correspond to 1 PSI change in boost pressure.
• Turbosmart recommends that the Air Fuel ratio is checked once boost pressure is set
• Turbosmart recommends that boost pressure is set using a Dynamometer and not on the street
• Turbosmart recommends that a accurate boost gauge be permanently fitted to the vehicle
• Turbosmart recommends that your boost controller is fitted and adjusted by an appropriately qualified technician
HOW TO INSTALL YOUR BOOST CONTROLLER
General mechanic tools
1) INTERNAL WASTEGATE SETUP
• Allow the engine to cool down before installing your boost controller
• Locate the pressure source port and the wastegate actuator port on the turbocharger assembly (refer drawing 1)
• Remove the factory boost control solenoid if fitted from the boost pressure supply port while leaving the solenoid connected to the ECU
• Install your boost controller in the wastegate pressure line with the wastegate arrow pointing towards the wastegate actuator
• If your wastegate actuator has additional ports, these will need to be blocked
• Secure all silicone hose ends with hose clamps
• Mount your boost controller bracket onto the vehicle, then attach the boost controller onto the bracket with the supplied screws
• Make sure the boost dial is turned completely anti-clockwise before making adjustments.