Free Shipping On Orders Over $49. Details

Talk to a Mustang Expert
1-877-887-1105
Every day 8:30AM EST - 11:00PM EST
Win 1 of 3 Exhaust Kits! Enter Daily!

Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission (05-14 GT)

Market Price $4,025.00 You Save 6% ($250.00)
Starting At

$3,775.00

+ $99.00 Handling Fee with FREE Shipping

• Item 348604
  • MPN# M-7003-M6XL

Local Install Shops

Quoted installation from $125

View 3 Shops

near 19355 (change)

Sorry, please enter a valid US or CA postal code
We're sorry, zip can't be updated at this time.

Will this fit your Vehicle?

In Stock Ships same business day.
Ship to: ASHBURN - 20146
Sorry, please enter a valid US or CA postal code
We're sorry, zip can't be updated at this time.
    Create a list
    Add to New List

Saved - View your saved items

We're sorry. We couldn't save this product at this time.

Features, Video & Details

• Magnum XL T56
    • Gear Ratios: 1st 2.97, 2nd 2.10, 3rd 1.46, 4th 1.00, 5th 0.80, 6th 0.63, and Reverse 2.90
    • Torque Capacity - 700 lbs/Ft
    • 26 Spline
    • SFI Approved Steel Bell Housing
    • Tremec Branded Black 6-Speed Shift Knob Included
    • Genuine Ford Racing Part M-7003-M6XL
    • Fits 2005-2014 GT Mustangs

Review & Installation Video

Review & Install Video

Tremec Magnum XL. Is your high performance S197 Mustang making more power than your stock manual transmission can handle? Then you need to upgrade to the Ford Racing Tremec Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Manual Transmission. This Tremec T56 is the perfect replacement for your old TR-3650 or MT-82 and has a torque capacity of 700 lbs./ft. making it ideal for high-performance race applications.

Built Ford Tough. The Ford Racing Tremec Magnum T56 Transmission is equipped with a 26 spline shaft and features a new extended length tail section with a solid mount direct shift design that is specifically engineered to eliminate the problematic shifting issues found with the stock semi-remote shifter.

SFI Approved. If you're using this transmission in high performance or racing applications, SFI Certification is critical so you can run your Pony at the track or strip, so you will be happy to know that the included steel bell housing is SFI approved.

Gear Ratios. 1st 2.97; 2nd 2.10; 3rd 1.46; 4th 1.00; 5th 0.80; 6th 0.63; and Reverse 2.90

Application. The Ford Racing Tremec Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Manual Transmission is designed for use in the 2005 to 2014 Mustangs equipped with a small block Ford 4.6L SOHC or 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 engine.

Installation Notes.
    • Users will need to convert to a 26-spline clutch disc and 1-piece slip yoke style prop shaft (not included).
    • Magnum XL transmissions are designed to accept the factory hydraulic release bearing from a 2005-current Mustang GT. GT500 bearings may also be used but will require a custom adaptor to maintain proper stack up (not included).
    • 2005-2010 Mustang applications are a direct plug-and-play with regards to the speedometer. 2011-up models will require speedometer recalibration via ECU tuning or a separate plug-in signal converter from sine to hall-effect signal, such as the Abbott Enterprises ERA or Dakota Digital SGI-1  (Not included).

NOTE: Ships Continental 48 States ONLY. No Canada, APO/FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Guam or Us Virgin Islands.

If shipping to a business, please include the business name. Also, after your order is placed, be prepared to let us know if you will need a Lift-Gate service. You will be contacted via email before your order ships.

Fitment: 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Details

What's in the Box
    • (1) Ford Racing Magnum XL Transmission
    Installation Info
    Tech Specs
    Will it fit my Mustang?

You Might Also Like

Customer Photos (3) Submit Your Photo

View All 3 Photos

More Products You Might Like

Questions & Answers (40)

5 Top Rated Questions

What is the length of this conversion driveshaft on this page? ( u-joint center to center dimension ) thank you

• Unfortunately the driveshaft shop does not publish measurements on their driveshafts.The Driveshaft Shop Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft listed on this page is designed specifically to work with the Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission when installed on 2005-2014 GT's

Helpful (1)

Do the bolts for the bell-housing come with the transmission?

• Unfortunately, the bolts for the bell-housingwill not come with this transmission. 

Helpful (0)

I saw that a McLeod RST twin disk, 26-spline clutch will NOT work with this transmission on a 2008 GT (per Q A on McLeod RST page)... A.M. staff said it needs it's own special clutch because "the bell housing and internals are different". So what clutch does work with this trans?

• In order to provide the best option for your build due to the variations in horsepower and torque numbers your putting down we do recommend reaching out to one of our Mustang experts over phone or chat.

Helpful (0)

I have 2013 GT, mods I plan on are Cobra Jet, CAI, tune, headers, X pipe, stage 3 cams. I have 3.73 gears from the factory. Outside the clutch, flywheel, and driveshaft, what else will I need for this Transmission?

• To install the Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission you will require a driveshaft, transmission crossmember and transmission mount, bellhousing, clutch, and flywheel.

Helpful (0)

Will this fit a 2015 and up GT?

• This Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission will not work with 15+ Mustangs.

Helpful (0)
    Post Your Question
    10 More Questions
    I have an 07 GT with 4.10 rear end gears, would the ratios be too close for this 6speed or will it be fine? 1 answer
    I have a 2005 mustang gt with a kenn bell super charger and the 6 speed termec on the tremec in the last 6 months I have to put in 2 clutch’s I only drive it on the weekend so earlier this week I went driving now it won’t go In gear and it’s its getting harder to switch gear so watcha think? 0 answer
    I installed this product on my 2005 mustang and supercharged ford racing 4.6 block and its great. I broke the trans mount, how can I find another one. its not listed as a part number anywhere. 1 answer
    What exactly would I need in addition to a 26 spline clutch and a new drivetrain to make this work? 1 answer
    Is this the exact same transmission than came in the 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra 4.6L supercharged, or are there any differences? 1 answer
    what snifter can be used for this transmission? 1 answer
    Will this T56 transmission fit on a 1996 Mustang GT and if so does it require some type of custom parts or will it bolt right up? 1 answer
    Will the shifter fit the stock location on a 2005 GT 1 answer
    Will this fit my 07GT with auto in it now 4.6 1 answer
    After reading some of the reviews on the tremec magnum t56 transmission, it seemed that it’s a kit that comes with a new clutch kit and flywheel. From my understanding it is just the transmission. What all comes with the purchase of this transmission? 1 answer

People Who Bought This Item Also Bought

Customer Reviews (10) Write a Review

Overall Rating 4.1

out of 5 stars

Installation Time:Weekend

Installation Cost:$1000+

• Performance Gain 4.4 4.4
    • Fit 4.3 4.3

• 4/5

August 04, 2018

The T56 upgrade

The Story of my T56 Upgrade: I got a new clutch alongside a new driveshaft. However, when purchasing a T56 Tremec you will also need to get a kit for (at least the) 12-14 installations. We didn't expect this because we had asked on the questions page if there was anything else we would need and no one had had this issue before us. You can find the kit via silver sports transmissions website. This ran us an additional $200 or so as this was needed for the adapter, wiring, and lockout kits and such. I can not wait to finish the installation and begin breaking in the transmission

warrt

Year: 2012 Submodel: GT

Helpful (0)

• 5/5

Installation Time: Full Day

July 03, 2018

Smooth

Yes you need to get a 26 spline clutch and yoke to have the driveshaft work. (If you are already sinking $4,000 into the transmission, just get a better driveshaft too. Don’t be cheap!) The gear angle between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are are close to one another, so getting off the line is incredibly fast. Also do yourself a favor and get a hat switch for the solenoid that locks out reverse, downshifting from 6-5 is scary how easy it is to accidentally slip into reverse so the reverse lockout solenoid needs to be able to turn on and off.

JamesH

Year: 2006 Submodel: GT

Helpful (3)

• 3/5

Installation Time: Shop Install

Installation Cost: $1000+

April 12, 2018

Gear noise

Works well. Need to get additional piece for your car for speedometer (unless you know someone who can work the ecu) as well as other componets to fit(driveshaft/clutch kits). Lots of gear noise at low rpms (below 3k) for gears 3 thru 6 if your keeping it low key thru towns. Was told by tremac that is normal, which i think is a bit sad. Getting into reverse was a hassle but close to a year now and has become a lot easier. This is a daily driver for me (as of now).

MattM

Year: 2011 Submodel: GT

Helpful (3)

• 5/5

January 10, 2018

Excellent upgrade!

Bought this transmission after my 3650 blew. Easy, straight forward installation and significant improvement in drive/shift quality!

AngelF

Year: 2006 Submodel: GT

Helpful (10)

• 5/5

Installation Time: Weekend

July 10, 2017

Best transmission

Best transmission swap I ever did. I have this teamed up with a rxt twin plate clutch. Shifting is so smooth, engagement is crisp and tight and locks into every gear you toss it into. Shifting takes no force at all it's just way better then the mt82

bullitt1204

Year: 2013 Submodel: GT

Helpful (8)

• 3/5

June 20, 2017

Parts and shipping

Transmission looks great, but be warned, once it's installed, at low RPM it will make a rough sound, which is normal. So to start things off, they sent the wrong driveshaft and the wrong clutch and flywheel combo. Waited 2 months for the transmission to arrive. Missed race week and cruising the coast due to their mistakes in the sells. It aggravates me that not all of the parts were sent to make this transmission work right. It was supposed to be a plug and play. Make sure to buy a clutch alignment part also. If yah don't your wasteing time trying to make it fit. Also with all of the phone calls back and forth with American muscle and their lack of nnowledge, they finally put me in touch with the head manager and he finally set me straight and had all my parts sent asap! Make sure you buy all the parts and make sure you talk to a manager before you purchase this item. Once it's all together, man what a change it makes! The transmission is a beast!

OutlawVenom

Year: 2007 Submodel: GT

Helpful (15)

• 5/5

March 21, 2017

Stellar Transmission

This is an awesome transmission. If you are a novice mechanic do not attempt without doing research. You will need things such as a clutch, drive line, speedo converter box, and be able to do minor fabrication and/or modification. This is not a plug and play install. Expect electrical and mechanical work. After it is installed correctly it is AMAZING. No comparison out there to the feel of this box.

JustinG

Year: 2015 Submodel: GT

Helpful (15)

• 1/5

March 14, 2017

Not happy

Thought was going to be a great transmission but beware you have the worst trying to figure it out they don't sell you every thing you will need to get it going and still today not right drive shack like yeck transmission not working right don't nothappy with it sorry

Dino

Year: 2016 Submodel: GT

Helpful (8)

• 5/5

March 11, 2017

Boss 302 Tremec T56-MagnumXL

I had the Tremec T56 Magnum XL installed in my 2013 Boss 302 in July of 2015. I have since done a minimum of 6 track week-ends without a glitch!! Unbelievably solid. This transmission will go into the Boss with very few modifications but would advise to have done professionally. Much improvement over the MT-82 transmission which had to be re-built several times after only multiple sessions on a road course.

MarkB

Year: 2013 Submodel: Boss

Helpful (6)

• 5/5

January 29, 2016

Amazing Transmission

This transmission is amazing. It will take a beating and come back for more. Install was easy. And the thing shifts smooth and quick.

06mustang

Year: 2006 Submodel: GT Cincinnati, Oh

Helpful (8)

Related Mustang Categories