$7,000 Summertime Mustang Build Enter Now!
Talk to a Mustang Expert
1-888-332-7930
Mon - Sun, 8:30 AM EST - 11:00 PM EST

Free Shipping On Orders Over $49. Details

Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission (05-14 GT)

Market Price $4,025.00 You Save 12% ($475.00)
Our Price

$3,550.00

+ $99.00 Handling Fee with FREE Shipping
  • Item 348604
  • MPN# M-7003-M6XL

In Stock Ships same business day. Choose options to add to cart

Features & Details

• Magnum XL T56
  • Gear Ratios: 1st 2.97, 2nd 2.10, 3rd 1.46, 4th 1.00, 5th 0.80, 6th 0.63, and Reverse 2.90
  • Torque Capacity - 700 lbs/Ft
  • 26 Spline
  • SFI Approved Steel Bell Housing
  • Tremec Branded Black 6-Speed Shift Knob Included
  • Genuine Ford Racing Part M-7003-M6XL
  • Fits 2005-2014 GT Mustangs
Tremec Magnum XL. Is your high performance S197 Mustang making more power than your stock manual transmission can handle? Then you need to upgrade to the Ford Racing Tremec Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Manual Transmission. This Tremec T56 is the perfect replacement for your old TR-3650 or MT-82 and has a torque capacity of 700 lbs./ft. making it ideal for high-performance race applications.

Built Ford Tough. The Ford Racing Tremec Magnum T56 Transmission is equipped with a 26 spline shaft and features a new extended length tail section with a solid mount direct shift design that is specifically engineered to eliminate the problematic shifting issues found with the stock semi-remote shifter.

SFI Approved. If you're using this transmission in high performance or racing applications, SFI Certification is critical so you can run your Pony at the track or strip, so you will be happy to know that the included steel bell housing is SFI approved.

Gear Ratios. 1st 2.97; 2nd 2.10; 3rd 1.46; 4th 1.00; 5th 0.80; 6th 0.63; and Reverse 2.90

Application. The Ford Racing Tremec Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Manual Transmission is designed for use in the 2005 to 2014 Mustangs equipped with a small block Ford 4.6L SOHC or 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 engine.

Installation Notes.
  • Users will need to convert to a 26-spline clutch disc and 1-piece slip yoke style prop shaft (not included).
  • Magnum XL transmissions are designed to accept the factory hydraulic release bearing from a 2005-current Mustang GT. GT500 bearings may also be used but will require a custom adaptor to maintain proper stack up (not included).
  • 2005-2010 Mustang applications are a direct plug-and-play with regards to the speedometer. 2011-up models will require speedometer recalibration via ECU tuning or a separate plug-in signal converter from sine to hall-effect signal, such as the Abbott Enterprises ERA or Dakota Digital SGI-1  (Not included).

NOTE: Ships Continental 48 States ONLY. No Canada, APO/FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Guam or Us Virgin Islands.

If shipping to a business, please include the business name. Also, after your order is placed, be prepared to let us know if you will need a Lift-Gate service. You will be contacted via email before your order ships.

Fitment: 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Details

What's in the Box
  • (1) Ford Racing Magnum XL Transmission
Installation Info
Tech Specs
Will it fit my Mustang?
  • GT - 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

W/ Manual Transmisisons

People Who Bought This Item Also Bought

Most Helpful Reviews

5/5
Stellar Transmission

This is an awesome transmission. If you are a novice mechanic do not attempt without doing research. You will need things such as a clutch, drive line, speedo converter box, and be able to do minor fabrication ...

Read More
Helpful (1)

5/5
Boss 302 Tremec T56-MagnumXL

I had the Tremec T56 Magnum XL installed in my 2013 Boss 302 in July of 2015. I have since done a minimum of 6 track week-ends without a glitch!! Unbelievably solid. This transmission will go into the ...

Read More
Helpful (1)

Overall Rating 4 out of 5 stars
Read All 6 Reviews

Customer Photos (2) Submit Your Photo

View All 2 Photos

You Might Also Like

21 Questions / 4 Answers

Ask a Question

will this trans fit a 2008 mustang v6?

ChanceC

Hello, I have a 2017 Mustang GT with the MT82 and was looking at doing a transmission swap. I have read a couple of websites that say this will work with my 2017 GT. Is that true?

Mike

• We would not be able to guarantee fitment for a 15-17 mustang GT, however, there have been a few enthusiasts we've seen that have installed these with success, but we would not be able to confirm fitment for this at this time.

AMjordan

Helpful (0)

Is this a two piece design like a t-5 where the bell housing is seperate from transmission itself?

Atsoltis

• The Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission will utilize a removable bell housing.

Rob D

Helpful (0)

So will this transmission make my car a 6-speed if installed instead of 5-speed or do they make these in 5-speeds to?

ChristianW

• The Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission would convert your car into a 6 speed manual, However there are a few more parts that are required to complete this swap give us a call to discuss your options. https://www.americanmuscle.com/contact.html

JaHarrisAM

Helpful (0)

Hi, I have a 2012 GT/CS with MT82 stock drive shaft... Changed to 3:73 rear differential... I have lifetime BAMA tunes... Besides the new transmission, any additional parts/mods needed to get installed and running? Thanks

SRPeters

Simple, yet silly question. Where does Reverse sit? Is it like stock where you push down and next to 1st or is it all the way over by 5th?

MattM

• The Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission would have reverse to the far right and forward.

Rob D

Helpful (0)

More Products You Might Like

Customer Reviews (6) Write a Review

Overall Rating 4.0

out of 5 stars

Installation Time:Weekend

• Performance Gain 4.333333 4.3
  • Fit 4.166667 4.2

• 3/5

June 20, 2017

Parts and shipping

Transmission looks great, but be warned, once it's installed, at low RPM it will make a rough sound, which is normal. So to start things off, they sent the wrong driveshaft and the wrong clutch and flywheel combo. Waited 2 months for the transmission to arrive. Missed race week and cruising the coast due to their mistakes in the sells. It aggravates me that not all of the parts were sent to make this transmission work right. It was supposed to be a plug and play. Make sure to buy a clutch alignment part also. If yah don't your wasteing time trying to make it fit. Also with all of the phone calls back and forth with American muscle and their lack of nnowledge, they finally put me in touch with the head manager and he finally set me straight and had all my parts sent asap! Make sure you buy all the parts and make sure you talk to a manager before you purchase this item. Once it's all together, man what a change it makes! The transmission is a beast!

OutlawVenom

Year: 2007 Submodel: GT

Helpful (1)

• 5/5

Installation Time: Weekend

March 21, 2017

Stellar Transmission

This is an awesome transmission. If you are a novice mechanic do not attempt without doing research. You will need things such as a clutch, drive line, speedo converter box, and be able to do minor fabrication and/or modification. This is not a plug and play install. Expect electrical and mechanical work. After it is installed correctly it is AMAZING. No comparison out there to the feel of this box.

JustinG

Year: 2015 Submodel: GT

Helpful (1)

• 1/5

March 14, 2017

Not happy

Thought was going to be a great transmission but beware you have the worst trying to figure it out they don't sell you every thing you will need to get it going and still today not right drive shack like yeck transmission not working right don't nothappy with it sorry

Dino

Year: 2016 Submodel: GT

Helpful (1)

• 5/5

March 11, 2017

Boss 302 Tremec T56-MagnumXL

I had the Tremec T56 Magnum XL installed in my 2013 Boss 302 in July of 2015. I have since done a minimum of 6 track week-ends without a glitch!! Unbelievably solid. This transmission will go into the Boss with very few modifications but would advise to have done professionally. Much improvement over the MT-82 transmission which had to be re-built several times after only multiple sessions on a road course.

MarkB

Year: 2013 Submodel: Boss

Helpful (1)

• 5/5

July 10, 2017

Best transmission

Best transmission swap I ever did. I have this teamed up with a rxt twin plate clutch. Shifting is so smooth, engagement is crisp and tight and locks into every gear you toss it into. Shifting takes no force at all it's just way better then the mt82

bullitt1204

Year: 2013 Submodel: GT

Helpful (0)

• 5/5

Installation Time: Full Day

January 29, 2016

Amazing Transmission

This transmission is amazing. It will take a beating and come back for more. Install was easy. And the thing shifts smooth and quick.

06mustang

Year: 2006 Submodel: GT Cincinnati, Oh

Helpful (0)

Related Mustang Categories