SFM66 / SFM66M / SFM69
409 Stainless Steel Mid-muffler Cat-back exhaust system for
2005-10 Ford Mustangs
SFM66: 05-10 GT Mid-Muffler Cat-back System
SFM66M: 05-10 GT Mid-Muffler Cat-back w/ “PypeBomb” axle back
SFM69: 05-10 V6 After-Cat Mid-Muffler System
Thanks again for purchasing your new stainless steel Pypes Performance Exhaust 05-10 Ford Mustang GT or V6. Please be sure to confirm all the components in the kit were received in your shipment before beginning installation. If you find any components missing, please contact our office at 800-421-3890 for replacement. Installation of these kits will require a few simple tools: jack stands, 13mm & 15mm wrenches, cutting device and penetrating oil. For a quicker and tighter installation, air tools and welding are recommended. Technical assistance is available both online at
www.pypesexhaust.com or 800-421-3890.
1. Begin by placing the vehicle on a lift or four jack stands at maximum height. This will aid in an easier installation.
2. Unbolt the existing system from just behind the factory h-pipe using a 15mm wrench on the band clamps. Loosen the clamps at the factory axlebacks with a 15mm wrench. Now remove the factory mid-pipes. Last, unbolt the factory muffler hangers using a 13 mm wrench and drop the axle-backs from the vehicle.
3. You can now re-install the four axle back hangers on to the frame rails. Leave the bolts loose until the entire system is installed.
4. It’s time to install your new Cat-back system. Begin by installing the two 16” slight bent pipes to the factory h-pipe (straight end towards the h-pipe and slight bend towards the mufflers) using the factory band clamps. Snug the bolts with a 15 mm wrench.
5. Next install the new M-80 cylindrical mufflers onto the short pipe (slight bend towards the mufflers and the straight portion into the clamps at the h-pipe). The HVC21 band clamps will be used at both the inlet and outlet. These will appear to be very close o the drive shaft.
6. Next, install the over the axle portion on the mid-pipes, and slide the axle-back muffler delete tailpipe wire forms into the factory muffler hangers. SFM66M uses the “PypeBomb” axleback to finish the system. Use an HVC21 band clamp at the connection between the mid-pipes and the tailpipes.
7. Finally, slide the EVT 52 tips on to the tailpipes, SFM66/69 only. Clamp the tip on using a HVC21 band clamp.
8. Finish the system by making all your final adjustments to position the mid pipes, mufflers and tailpipes. Now tighten all the band clamps or for the best fit weld all the slip joints. The 409 stainless can be welded with your standard Mig welder, and is highly recommended when possible.
9. Check all clamped joints periodically as they may come loose.