Warning: Use extreme caution during installation. Torque all fasteners according to manufacturer’s torque values and tight-ening sequence. DO NOT use air impact tools to tighten fasteners on Borla Performance Exhaust Systems. Use of such tools may result in bent flanges or gasket contact areas leading to exhaust leaks.
Borla Performance Cat-Back Exhaust System Installation
NOTE: 140629 & 140630 includes (1)-L/H and (1)-R/H Extension Pipe. These pipes are used to connect the X-Pipe to Borla PN-17290 Long Tube Header, completing a true-dual 3- inch Off-Road-Use-Only exhaust system.
When installing 140629 or 140630 to the factory band-clamps and catalytic converter pipes, use the included (2) Nipples.
1. Transfer the both brackets & rubber isolators from factory exhaust to the vehi-cle using factory hardware. Tighten to 20 ft lbs. (Refer to Fig. 3 image)
2. Install the Left-side and Right-side factory band clamps onto the X-pipe. (See Fig. 6) DO NOT TIGHTEN THE CLAMP BOLTS.
3. Install the L/H Intermediate Pipe Assembly to the Left-side of vehicle insert-ing the hangers into the rubber isolators. (See Fig. 7)
4. Repeat Step 2 for the R/H Intermediate Pipe Assembly installation to the right -side. (See Fig. 8)
5. Starting on the left-side, place a clamp on the L/H Muffler Assembly inlet pipe. Position the L/H Muffler Assembly hangar into the rear rubber isolator then insert into the L/H Intermediate Pipe Assembly . (See Fig. 9) DO NOT TIGHTEN THE CLAMPS.
6. Repeat Step 4 for installation of the R/H Intermediate Pipe Assembly . Check your exhaust system for proper clearance under the vehicle and also for tip alignment. (See Fig. 10) 7. Start tightening clamps on your new exhaust beginning at the X-Pipe and mov-ing to the Rear Mufflers. Once position has been determined to be correct, tighten the Accuseal™ clamps to 32-35 ft. lbs. making sure the clamp bolts are centered between the notches in the pipe.
7. Before starting your vehicle, make sure to check all wires, hoses, brake lines, body parts and tires for safe clearance from the exhaust system.
8. Start vehicle and check for any leaks. If any leaks are found, determine cause (such as loose or incorrectly positioned clamp) and repair as necessary.
Note: When you first start your vehicle after the installation of your new Bor-la Performance Exhaust System, there may be some smoke and fumes coming from the system. This is a protective oil based coating used in the manufac-turing of mandrel bent performance exhaust tubing. This is not a problem and will disappear within a very short period of time after the exhaust has reached normal operating temperatures.
Congratulations!!! You have completed the installation of the world famous Borla Perfor-mance Stainless Steel Exhaust System.