Free Shipping On Orders Over $49. Details

Talk to a Mustang Enthusiast
1-877-887-1105
M-F 8:30A-11P, Sat-Sun 8:30A-9P
Win $5,000 For Your Mustang! Enter daily!

SR Performance Short Throw Sport Shifter for T-5/T-45 (82-Early 01 V8; 93-99 Cobra; 94-04 V6)

Market Price $79.99 You Save 13% ($10.00)
Our Price

$69.99

FREE Shipping

• Item 49017

Will this fit your Vehicle?

In Stock Ships same business day.
Ship to: ashburn - 20149
Sorry, please enter a valid US or CA postal code
We're sorry, zip can't be updated at this time.
    Create a list
    Add to New List

Saved - View your saved items

We're sorry. We couldn't save this product at this time.

Features, Video & Details

• Shorter, Quicker Shifts
    • Billet Aluminum Construction
    • Reuses Stock Shift Knob
    • Fits 1983- Early 2001 V8 T-5/T-45 Manual Mustangs
    • Fits 1994-2004 V6 T-5/T-45 Manual Mustangs

Review & Installation Video

Review & Install Video

Improves Shifts. Get quick, crisp, shorter throws with an SR Performance Short Throw Sport Shifter. Get rid of that loose sloppy feeling of your factory shifter and enjoy rowing through the gears every time you get in your manual Mustang.

Adjustable. Two sets of centering return springs and adjustable shift stops allow you to adjust the shift handle firmness to your own personal preference. The included handle of this SR Performance Short Shifter allows for multiple positions for further adjust-ability.

Superior Construction. The upper collar of this SR Performance T5/T45 Sport Shifter is constructed out of pure billet aluminum for strength and weight reduction, while the base is cast aluminum to provide a sturdy platform for those heavy handed shifters.

Application. This SR Performance 5-Speed Short Throw Sport Shifter is designed to fit the 1983 to early 2001 V8 and 1994 to 2004 V6 Mustangs with the T-5/T-45 Transmission. Reuses factory shift knob.

Fitment: 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Details

MPN# 49017

CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

What's in the Box
    • (1) Shifter Base
    • (1) Shifter Arm Upper
    • (1) Shifter Arm Lower
    • (2) Springs
    • (2) Stoppers
    • (4) Washers
    • (4) Handle Bolts
    • (4) Mounting Bolts
    Installation Info
    Tech Specs
    Short Shifters Specifications
    Transmission: T5/T-45 Adjustable: Yes
    Year/Model: 1983-early 2001 V8,
    and 94-04 V6
    Material: Billet Aluminum
    Brand: SR Performance Shift Knob Included: No
    Will it fit my Mustang?
    • Bullitt - 01
    • Cobra - 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99
    • GT - 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01
    • LX - 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93
    • Other - 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
    • V6 - 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04

Fits 1983-1995 5.0L, 1993-1999 Cobra, 1996-2001 GT, 2001 bullitt and 1994-2004 V6 Manual Mustangs with the T-5 or T-45 transmission

You Might Also Like

Customer Photos (37) Submit Your Photo

View All 37 Photos

More Products You Might Like

Questions & Answers (30)

5 Top Rated Questions

are the springs and washers necessary to assembly

• The springs included with the SR Performance Short Throw Sport Shifter are replacements for the tension spring to allow adjustment of the shifter's tension. The washers are needed for the install and will go on the bolts connecting the shifter to the transmission to evenly distribute the clamping force.

Helpful (5)

Do I need to replace the rubber bushing that connects the shifter to the transmission?the old one fits small and I don’t know we’re to order the right one or if I even need it?

• The SR Performance Short Throw Sport Shifter is designed to reuse the OEM shifter bushing. This will also work with any aftermarket bushings designed to work with the stock shifter.

Helpful (1)

do you need a new seal while installing the new shifter?

• Yes, it would be required to get a new shifter gasket or apply a bead of RTV when installing this shifter.

Helpful (1)

will this work with the hurst competition shifter handle in a 93 5.0

• We have not tested the SR Performance Short Throw Sport Shifter with the Hurst handle, however this shifter has a standard shift handle bolt pattern and will accept any shift handle that will fit the stock shifter.

Helpful (1)

I just wanted a new one but mines an automatic can i still use it

• Unfortunately this will not work with the automatic transmission. Only the manual.

Helpful (0)
    Post Your Question
    10 More Questions
    This should fit my v8 2003 mustang right 0 answer
    Whats the tread pitch? 1 answer
    how can I get the return springs on the left and right side of the shifter if they are worn out and weak? mine is only about 1.5 years old and I should not have to buy a whole new shifter. 1 answer
    Does this shifter work on a2006 v6 Ford Mustang ? And if not could you point me in the right direction 1 answer
    What are the size of the two socket head bolts that retain the lower part of the shifter in the assembly. Mine are removed and I am having a hard time finding replacements? 1 answer
    Will this shifter go with the steeda tri ax handle? i already have that piece and it was great and now im looking for a low buck option to reduce the shifts even further 1 answer
    What is the difference between the SR performance short throw shifter and the SR Performance short throw 'sport' shifter? 1 answer
    My question is this says 82- early 01 so I am assuming this would not work in a 01 with a production date of 08/01 or would I be mistaken? 1 answer
    Will it work on a 1990 2.3? 1 answer
    Instalation information? And what are the springs for? 1 answer

Recommended For You

Customer Reviews (100+) Write a Review

Overall Rating 4.3

out of 5 stars

Installation Time:Less than 1 Hour

Installation Cost:$100-$250

• Fit 4.56383 4.6
    • Bang For Your Buck 4.5 4.5
    • Throw Reduction 4.287234 4.3

• 1/5

Installation Time: Less than 1 Hour

April 20, 2019

It sucks

It’s not worth the money I’ve had it for almost 6 months now and have to pull it apart to fix multiple times because it comes apart while driving and now after fixing it 20 different time it’s stared stripping the treads to attach the handle it’s not worth the money

JasonJ

Year: 2003 Submodel: V6

Helpful (0)

• 5/5

April 13, 2019

SR SHORT THROW SHIFTER

Feels great, easy install, had to order the shifter seal. All good. Shifts good and feels great. Great product.

KR8COUPE

Year: 1986 Submodel: Other

Helpful (0)

• 5/5

April 04, 2019

Shorty throw

Had a short throw on before but this one is far and away better, tighter. Just all round better feel. Remember on the upper shift handle to keep it tight use star washers. The washers with the spikes on the outside. No lock tight.

JohnL

Year: 2000 Submodel: GT

Helpful (0)

• 3/5

April 01, 2019

GOOD FOR THE MONEY

The product works as it is suppose to, installation was easy and it's good for the price. i had a problem with mine, driving down the road the bolt holding down the spring backed out and fell on the road somewhere and the kit doesn't come with any extra. i don't know how to replace it either, but for the most part it's a good shifter.

driftstang

Year: 1998 Submodel: V6

Helpful (0)

• 5/5

March 30, 2019

It’s awesome!

This is SR performance short throw shifter is a awesome upgrade from your stock shifter, it has a awesome feel and is so much tighter and better made than the stock shifter that comes in your Mustang

Will

Helpful (0)

• 5/5

March 18, 2019

Short throw shifter

Very well made for the money. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

DEBO

Year: 1995 Submodel: GT

Helpful (0)

• 5/5

March 14, 2019

Quick and easy, nice design

This was a pretty easy update, easy to assemble and access. Makes shifting feel much more directed and firm, shorter throws

BrandonB

Year: 1999 Submodel: Cobra

Helpful (0)

• 5/5

March 08, 2019

Very good

Easy to install shift easy and good I really like my short throw shifter

Anthony

Year: 1995 Submodel: Cobra

Helpful (0)

• 4/5

February 15, 2019

Great proformace for the price

It was easy to install and makes shifting a whole lot more accurate No more miss gifts due to worn out shifter

EricH

Year: 1995 Submodel: GT

Helpful (0)

• 3/5

January 31, 2019

Locked up 3 times in 4 months

Quick delivery, fast andeasy install,feels great,HOWEVER!likes to lock up in reverse, happened 3 different times now,,I'll spend the extra $$$ an buy MGW.got one in my cobra never an issue..

AnthonyF

Helpful (0)

• 3/5

January 28, 2019

Not too bad

I would say this is fine if you are looking to shorten your shifts. But quality is not so great. Just wont last you. You want one that will last and great quality. Get a steeda triaxe short shifter.

RyanC

Year: 1994 Submodel: GT

Helpful (1)

• 5/5

January 11, 2019

Slick

Super easy installation. Dor forget to adjust the two bolts that keep tje shifter withen the natural flex and stop points. If you do not do this you can end up damaging the linkage. Put some grease in the pocket where the new shifter shaft inserts into the linkage cup. Shift is quick and snappy!!!!! I added a weighted shift knob for even better results. The position of the shifter is different from the stock location. Aside from sitting lower it is also slightly to the right. After a drive or two, you will not even notice anymore.

AnthonyG

Year: 1986 Submodel: Other

Helpful (2)

• 1/5

January 06, 2019

Eh

Keeps popping out of gear while driving and it sorta messed my second gear it grinds I adjusted the shift stops decided to swap back to the old sloppy worn out shifter still disappointing it ruined my second gear

hetorrrrrr

Year: 1996 Submodel: V6

Helpful (4)

• 5/5

January 03, 2019

Very good for the price

This short throw shifter is better than stock and is a great deal would recommend to anyone.

MarkB

Year: 1999 Submodel: V6

Helpful (1)

• 5/5

December 31, 2018

Short shifting to the finish line

Easy to install. Huge difference from stock. Love it

BrianC

Year: 1996 Submodel: GT

Helpful (1)

• 5/5

December 28, 2018

Short throw shifter

So much better then the stock shifter .. the throws are on point

JesseD

Year: 2003 Submodel: V6

Helpful (1)

• 5/5

December 26, 2018

Love it

This was a very simple mod. My shifts are more smooth. i love the feel of it.

AnthonyL

Year: 1999 Submodel: V6

Helpful (1)

• 3/5

December 16, 2018

Good for the price

I had this shifter in my car for 2 or 3 years and just recently moved on to a new tri axe shifter and there is a world of a differece. There is no comparing the two, this shifter is short and very notchy while the tri axe is short and angled in a way that makes is closer to you. I would spend the extra money on the tri axe

Datsyc

Year: 1993 Submodel: GT

Helpful (1)

• 5/5

December 10, 2018

Short Throw Shifter

Great product. Fast Delivery. Great customer service.

EddieH

Year: 1999 Submodel: GT

Helpful (1)

• 3/5

December 01, 2018

LOCKTIGHT

Be sure you put some thread locker on the adjustment spring grub screws or you will have a bad time when it pops out and makes you miss a gear!

TylerS

Year: 1995 Submodel: V6

Helpful (1)

Related Mustang Categories